Hi Yall from PAHunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAHunter

Reaction score
My name sake is PAHunter and I have been floating around on a few Muzzleloading boards in the past few years

I have seen many messages on other boards by Loggy, Big6X6 and Underclocked, I am glad to see you gentlemen here. Your knowledge has proven very helpfull in the past.

Almost two years ago I won a Winchester X-150 inline at a Safari Club banquet. I put a 3X9 Nikon scope on it and started playing around. After a while trying Balck Powder, then Pyrodex Pellets, then Triple Seven 7 pellets, I hit on a bullet and load combo. I was using two 100 grain triple 7 pellets and Hornady SST's in 300 grain for less than two inch groups at 100 yards.

Then I picked up some TC shockwaves in 250 grain, upped the powder charge to three Triple Seven pellets, (2) 50 grainers and one (30) and my groups shrunk to 1.25 in. at 100 yards.

I starred shooting more often with the Muzzloader and decided to take it to a Trophy Whitetail hunt in Illinois. Take a look at the Deer Hunting Forum, I got lucky and bagged a Gross B&C Booner @ 190" taken at a lasered 165 yards... I was just successful in posting a few pics there.

Needless to say I am hooked on Muzzleloading. I have hunted In Montana, Wyoming, Illinois and PA in the states, and have two very successful African Safaris under my belt with over 15 head of game taken. Some are really neat trophies... a 46.5 in. Cape Buffalo scored 115 SCI, a 42 in. Sable, two over 50 in. Kudu, a Huge Black Bull Giraffe, and a Black Water Buck... Water Bucks are grey... LOL that is why he is so unusual.

Anyway, glad to be here, hope to get a Savage 10-ML-II next to add to my collection.

Regards... Jim P.

Latest posts

Back