Hog bait

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditch

Reaction score
I have been fermenting corn with yeast in it for about a week now. With the temperatures so low, the yeast isn't growing too well so I moved it into my bathroom and added two heads of cabbage. It's getting pretty ripe so today I'll plant it with my post hole diggers. The full moon is the 19th and my scope should gather enough light to get one if they have found it by then.

Fermenting corn with yeast- They do that here in Central Al a lot, but they add 50# of sugar, cook it and drink the product! I left 1600 gallons in the evidence room when I retired!
Back on topic, when we destroyed the moonshine stills we punctured the barrels with a pickaxe then dumped the mash on the ground. If we got permission from the landowner to hunt it, we'd sneak to see what came to it. Saw more drunk cows than anything else-That was a hoot.

i've tried every stinky recipe for attracting and trapping wild hogs. Nothing works better than plain old shelled corn with a little strawberry Jello sprinkled on it. This handsome and debonair boar hog was caught in daylight:

t9yBnl.jpg

These hogs loved it:

Good luck with your hog trapping.

I have been fermenting corn with yeast in it for about a week now. With the temperatures so low, the yeast isn't growing too well so I moved it into my bathroom and added two heads of cabbage. It's getting pretty ripe so today I'll plant it with my post hole diggers. The full moon is the 19th and my scope should gather enough light to get one if they have found it by then.
Plain corn or soaked corn is good until they get wise. I have soaked corn in diesel which works and also used strawberry kool aid in corn which works. You have to keep them guessing with something new. I caught 15 in a 4x8 trap using peanut butter on trigger and caught 17 in same trap using watermelons in the summer. You have to keep changing on them.

Back