Hog hunt recommendations -Texas?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowbender6

Reaction score
Hog hunt recommendations

My wife interested in hog hunting in Texas. Anyone have any recommendations? We will be vacationing in February 2020 for a couple weeks and she want to shoot and eat some wild hog. Don’t need a trophy just a couple of good eaters. We know it might not be a like a whitetail hunt here on my Michigan property. Just looking for a decent ranch with some decent people to have a winter hunting experience.

Where are you going in Texas? Its a big State. Just last week I drove from the Coast to the NW corner of the Panhandle. It was 17 Hours and 10 minutes trip and I never left Texas!

There are quite a few places to go. Seeing that you are on vacation, I would try a place that can put you on hogs in daylight, has a very high success rate and will accommodate a one-day or overnight hunt. Near Dallas I recommend 2B Hunting Ranch and near San Antonio I recommend J&M Bow Ranch (you don't have to use a bow there). It will cost you $150- $200 but that will guarantee you a hog in daylight, real good people to deal with and you can do it your way. There are a lot of other options but I'd need to know what Cities or what route you are taking.

I have heard about quite a few people going to Independence Ranch.

Thanks so, wife found a place in West Texas she liked after talking with them.

Back