Hornady FPB 350 Grain 150 yard load

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIDeerhunter67

Reaction score
Good evening guys and gals,

I’m looking for opinions on the hornady fpb 350s, my rifle likes them, yes I understand thor makes a good bullet, but the hornady shoots well in my gun. I would love some input on them from guys and gals who have used them in the field on deer, heck even other game. I’m starting at 80 grains of blackhorn by volume and working my way up, first range session I got 2 1/4 inch group with the 80 grains by volume. Gonna increase by five grains till I find the sweet spot. I would love to stretch this rifle out a bit, my spot here in Michigan I have a 200 yard opportunity, but I feel way more comfortable with a good shooting mild load that does well at 150. I’m more of a guy who likes the deer close. And I would never take a shot that far unless I have a rest and I’m solid, so if I could get your guys and gals input that would be fantastic!

Keep your powder dry and your aim true!

I took my first deer with the Hornady FPB 350 using 90gr BH209 out of my TC Omega X7. A fairly stout load for the carbine Omega but it shot well. What your gun likes will likely vary.

I haven't found the hornady fpb for sale. In my limited experience the Fed BOR lock 350 with 110gr BH209 shoots well.

Back