How Many Muzzleloaders Are Also Archers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am big time into bowhunting and wanted to try ML for something different to do.

If there is something to be hunted with a bow, the wife and I are there taking a whack at it.

Bow comes first

Count me in the ranks of the bow hunters who also have migrated a bit into ML... This is just slow fun!

(I confess that I am seriosuly bored with the 300 WinMag drop 'em routine.)

Bow & Muzzleloader.

Count me in as well. I`ve been bowhunting since I was 16. I`m now 48. Just 2 years ago, I bought a muzzleloader. You can definately see the similarities in both. I enjoy that 1 shot challenge! :yeah:

I am definetely a bowhunter. This is going to be the first time in 15 years that I pick up a gun to hunt. Thought that I would give muzzleloading a try. Archery is my true love though. Just can't seem to draw an archery tag for elk though. In AZ archers have so many options on seasons and game.

Been shooting a bow for awhile now. (25yrs or so) Sold all my compounds and went back to recurves. Was lucky to take 5 does in the last 2 seasons with my Bob Lee HUNTER T/D.

hawgslayer

I own a small archery shop.

This will be my first deer with a M/L. I can't wait.

mcrik

I live in MI. I can hunt oct 1st-j an1st pretty much. You cant beat it.

The main reason I joined is too fine tune and learn more about ML. I'm going to Iowa in Dec for whitetails and all the information I can have about ML, loading, bullets and so on can't hurt at all. Bow season I took up this year. Can't wait I have two great stands and seeing nice deer on the trail cam- just they are there all day now.

First bow was a Browning compound Cobra. Looked like someone cut the recurves off and stuck wheels on the end. Killed my first bow deer Oct. 28, 1978. It was a Saturday. Got a Thompson Hawken Kit for Christmas in 1980. Spent months finishing it and killed 18 deer with it, starting with the first doe on the last day of late season, 1986, which was the first season I hunted with the ML.

Went from Browning to Darton, to Jennings, and to Mathews......went from Hawken to T/C Thunderhawk, to Remington 700 MLS, to Knight SS Disc Elite....the Remington and the Elite are phenomenal with 200 grain Shockwaves and Triple 7. My son now uses the Remington and he collected a 7 point buck and a doe just yesterday with it....

My new toy.....Excalibur Exomax 225 # crossbow....five shots and five deer this year including three bucks, two of which are a dandy 8 and great 10 pointer.

I also hunt with a Ruger SS Super Blackhawk, a beautifully refinished Marlin 336 in .35, and a Ruger 77R in .270....

Thanks,

bomtek44

I've hunted with all of them, except a spear!! Alabama has a spear season, sounds like a challenge to me! :shock:

Right here. Most of my hunting is archery, but I just started with the ML. Will hunt with it next season.

Archery:
Bowtech Tomkat
Mystic Longbow

Rifle:
Remington 243
Remington 300 win mag

ML:
T/C Omega 50 cal

bow
mathews DXT and Outback

riflles 7mm mag, 30-06, 308, 30-30

ML T/C triumph
CVA Accura

Muzzleloader is new for me. I've been bow and gun hunting my whole life, but this is a new adventure and extends the hunting season for me!

Latest posts

Back