How Many Muzzleloaders Are Also Archers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought a bow yesterday, a Diamond Outlaw. The other bow I own is a early 90's model PSE i bought from my brother about 15 yrs ago. I never hunted with it, though I had initially intended to. Man have bow's changed since then. I plan on getting plenty of practice in before I hit the woods in September.

Diamond Outlaw 65#
Traditions Pursuit Ambush II
Winchester Model 70 (.270)
Smith & Wesson (.357)

My list of potential deer getters.

Been bow hunting since 98 and muzzleloading since the early 90's!! They are both very addicting!!

Just moved to Nebraska in the spring of 2011 and hope to shoot my first Antelope this next fall with my bow!! Along with looking forward to late muzzy season to chase after some mule deer also! Both of these will be my first and hopefully not my last adventure. Working my way up to elk hunting hopefully next year but that will have to be done in another state!!

Here are a couple harvest from both my muzz and bow!!

2011 doe

photo.jpg

2010 Spring gobbler

Hunting0926.jpg

2007 Buck

100_0703.jpg

2005 Pistol and Muzz (tag team) Buck (44 mag Raging Bull)

2005RagingBull1.gif

I DO..

I AM GUILTY!!! I hunt during the archery season, firearms season, muzzleloader season and late archery seasons. Golly... I would "throw rocks at 'em" if I could!!! (Seen the time I could have done just as good.)

The last 5 years, I have had to use a crossbow instead of a verticle bow but at least I can still hunt.. I often times use my camera because the photos I get, I use in my outdoor column and articles.

Just being out there is GREAT!! It is a HUGE PART OF MY LIFE...

Bud Fields

I hunt both the bow and muzzle seasons. Hard to say which is my favorite, they both require scouting, practice, and one good clean shot. The preparation for both seasons is half the fun!

I decided 3 years ago to try bowhunting to extend my season here in OH...I will have to say that bowhunting is my favotite way to hunt, getting the deer in close and it has payed off...6 deer in 3 season with the last this year being a nice 10pt.

I'm adding ML to the mix just for a change up during the season, for me that's only 3 weekends out of the season.

I'm an archer who is also a muzzleloader hunter. Been a bowhunter since 1992. Started hunting with a ml 9 years ago and havent touched a shotgun since.

Love my Bowtech Assassin, we have a nice long season here in Ohio and you seldom see anyone out there. Love my TC Triumph /Nikon pro staff also fewer hunters out for our early season and late season muzzleloader. Very fortunate to get to do both about 45+ times per year. Just need to buy some land .....

Yep. I have a old skool PSE Nova. Love shooting it. No, I haven't taken a deer with it yet, but the season here in MN goes from mid-Sep till the end of Dec.

Emrah

i only hunt with bow or ML. . .Been bow hunting since the early 70's.

we all bow hunt here as well.
as a boy i started off with a single shot H+R 12 ga,
this set a life pattern of one shot kills.
as i got stronger and was able to pull the 45# state law
bow weight i was hooked from then on.
in the Mid 80's i got a 45 cal kit gun.
and moved up to a fred bear whitetail hunter compound bow.
fred bear was and is my hero to this day.
my father shot a buck deer with a bow in the late 60's
deer were so rare around here it made front page news
back in the day.

Franksauto said:
I'm an archer who is also a muzzleloader hunter. Been a bowhunter since 1992. Started hunting with a ml 9 years ago and havent touched a shotgun since.
After blowing it on 2 really nice bucks this season, I will be using my shotgun again during shotgun season. I knew it was going to bite me in the rear end some day, just didnt know it was going to be on 2 bruisers while fighting. Really wished I had a back up shot then.
I do love to hunt with ML but i'll be doing it during ML season.

I'm an archer who loves shooting. Use bow for most of my hunting. I recently picked up muzzleloading a few years ago. I really enjoy long distance shooting. Weather it be with a bow or a gun.

I gotta say I hunt with every kind of weapon. I love being able to hunt from August to May. Bow, Muzzleloader, Shotgun or Centerfire whatever it takes to be out in the woods!!! :D

I have been saying for years I was going to go deer hunting. Finally I had a good spring with my construction business. I bought a 30-06 and put a Nikon 50mm scope on it. Then I stumbled onto a Traditions Buckhunter ML for a good price. Then I grabbed a Martin Cougar compound bow a few weeks back. I renewed my fishing license and added hunting to it. Deer season starts in September in NC. I think I have it covered.

I'm a rifleman. I just shoot rifles. Don't like bows., if I spend the week in the woods I will have the ability to take whatever I see. out to 200. Just cause. And I know my bighorn will do it. All my friends have bows. I do not. I don't get the thrill out of shooting a bow that I do a muzzleloader. I have room only for 1 hobby in my budget.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back