How Many

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m generally try to be done before ML season, but the last few times I’ve hunted I used a crossbow during OK muzzleloader season because using a muzzleloader would cost me another $300 out of state license.

Of y'all use n hunt with your ML during Gun/Firearms season ?
I no longer hunt, but when I did, it was with a .54 Thompson Center "Renegade" Flintlock.
I used that rifle in regular firearms season, as well.

That particular Renegade was my first Muzzleloader and the rifle to which all other Muzzleloaders I bought, had to measure up. All muzzleloaders from then on, had to match or exceed the Renegade's ability, execution and achievement.

Does this answer your question?

Its been many years since I still had a tag left by the time gun season arrives. Last year was the first in many that I used my old 06. However, now that the ML bug has bitten me pretty bad again, I hope to save at least one tag to use my ML during the rifle season.

Last edited:
Of y'all use n hunt with your ML during Gun/Firearms season ?

I do, plus of course use them in ML/Primitive weapon season. I no longer even own a centerfire rifle, haven't hunted with one in years.
All I've hunted with are muzzleloaders since 02. I finally got a BP 12ga too & a ROA pistol, so there will be more hunting with them as well.

I have no personal issues with those nose biting, loud chirping, hole making, damage causing....
I am a meat hunter! 50 or 60 backstraps will make a nice meal. I grind the rest..
LMAO Your love of them chipmunks is right there with my love for these dang armadillos around here. I do not pass up any opportunity to use them for moving target practice. I'm not eating the dang things though. Them chipmunk backstraps are the perfect Kabob size already aint they

Count me in as well. Resurrected this original Rem 700ML with some new wood from Boyd's, trigger from Timney and Badger Ridge bolt/breech plug 209 conversion.

I saw the writing on the wall a LONG time ago. As many other rigs I've used etc over the years, I decided from here out to only hunt with my bow and ML. The diet it takes to feed the others has all been labeled, stacked and stored with a few carrying Gamma Seal lids. Also just picked a very early TC Hawken for a song to complete my ML needs. I don't feel handicapped one bit for making meat. Well, I forgot. I also use a .41 Rem Mag Ruger Super Black Hawk Hunter with handloaded 210gr Speer Deep Curls. I can honestly say, I'll never need to purchase ANY factory feed or component ever again and I have 0 regrets or complaints. I have 10x more enjoyment from shooting my bow and frontloaders anyway.

SHADOWFOX64

Attachments

• 20221124_102615.jpg
    20221124_102615.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221216_152257.jpg
    20221216_152257.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Back