How Old Is Your Fishing Stuff?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The secret is to retire early, before you're too old to enjoy it. The secret to retiring early is to invest early. But, I feel your pain. I've been working hard the last few weeks, and I feel it the next day. or two, or three.
I retired early due to my doctors advice. Seems I wore myself out early in life. I have not enjoyed retirement but have enjoyed time with my wife and family. Make the best of each day. Love large and laugh hard!

Now that fall's about gone, fishing stuff's getting attention as it's put away. Apparently, my dad and grand dad feared a shortage of hooks - all sizes, mostly too big for even worms. Fooled around with a couple of old bait-casting reels still loaded with braided line from the 40's. Kinda fun to think the last guys who cast them were my folks.

'49 Sea King 2 1/2 hp motor went to the antique mall. Frozen up, beyond my skill set.

I do almost 100% saltwater fishing and unfortunately gear gets chewed up fast in a marine environment. I’m religious with freshwater rinsing but it only goes so far.

I have collectable d fishing stuff but I regularly use 4 Garcia Mitchell reels. 3 are the 300 one is a 400.
I caught a 7 foot sturgeon on a trout pole with my 400. That video is in my YouTube channel.

Latest posts

Back