Howdy folks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Evil genius

Reaction score
Hi. New member here. I've been a weapon enthusiast my whole life. Here lately I've gotten into unusual gadgets and mini weapons. I've wanted a real cannon since I was about 12. Well I found the coolest thing ever made in my opinion, a fully functional pocket cannon. I ordered one and it just came in yesterday. It was so cheap I just had to get it. Like $8.00+ shipping. Well it didn't come with any instructions. No paperwork or anything else. Just the cannon and a bag of BBs. The shot seems to be about 4mm. The barrel is slightly bigger than a standard bb gun. A normal bb, (4.5mm) will fit loosely so I figure it's considered a.17 cal. I am about to fire off the first shot. Would like to know if any of you may have any idea of the correct powder charge. Thanks

Welcome from Oklahoma.
Maybe start with about 5 grains of powder. Don't know what the max load is but I wouldn't go higher than about 10 grains of powder.

The barrel is roughly 3/4" deep empty. For the first shot I was planning on using the fuse and powder from a bottle rocket. And start with as little as possible then work up. I'm not going to put a ball in it until I feel like I have figured out the bare minimum charge for launching it. After that God help the empty beer cans that are in the scrap pile.

Latest posts

Back