Howdy from Ohio

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilcox

Reaction score
Love to build MLs, of about any description!
Now a disabled Vet (Vietnam), my professional life was as a wetlands and Wildlife biologist. In my spare time, I built and raced sportscars, and also built boats and airplanes - kept my hands busy!
Had to retire for medical reasons in '08, kids moved me to Ohio in '18 - and the VA here on Ohio is tops! They take good care of me, as Agent Orange did not prove to be a beneficial panacea! Gradually losing mobility.
Currently live in Kenton, OH, and am hoping to move into a new home in the next two weeks - was lucky enough in these COVID days to find a house to buy. I live with my Service Dog, Sunny, and a couple of cats. The big 20' x 24' "family room" will be my workshop, with plenty of room for several workbenches.
Been on a different forum for a few years, recently found this one. And I hope I am a better shooter than a builder, tho I really do enjoy working with wood and metal!

Welcome from Oklahoma and thanks for your service. My older brother Bobby was in Vietnam in 1968. He too was exposed to agent orange. He passed away in 2015 due to diabetes most likely caused by his exposure to that chemical.
God bless you my friend.

Welcome!

Missed Vietnam, served 1976-1979. My prayers to you for your exposure to Agent Orange. Have met many vets at the VA in the same boat you are in. God bless.

Welcome from Virginia. Retired military myself. Thanks for your service.

Wilcox, enjoy your gun building it will help keep you alive.
I was in country 1968 & 69 the VA has done well by me. I have been building guns ever since I got out in 1970. have had 2 different gun businesses. Retired 2013. Good luck and welcome.

Welcome;
You'll like that area, Traders Day and coon dog trails, Giant Flea market and you'll never know what you may find for sale there.
Join the OGCA Ohio Gun collectors association. One of the Largest gun clubs in the USA, I'm member 40111
dave

Love to build MLs, of about any description!
Now a disabled Vet (Vietnam), my professional life was as a wetlands and Wildlife biologist. In my spare time, I built and raced sportscars, and also built boats and airplanes - kept my hands busy!
Had to retire for medical reasons in '08, kids moved me to Ohio in '18 - and the VA here on Ohio is tops! They take good care of me, as Agent Orange did not prove to be a beneficial panacea! Gradually losing mobility.
Currently live in Kenton, OH, and am hoping to move into a new home in the next two weeks - was lucky enough in these COVID days to find a house to buy. I live with my Service Dog, Sunny, and a couple of cats. The big 20' x 24' "family room" will be my workshop, with plenty of room for several workbenches.
Been on a different forum for a few years, recently found this one. And I hope I am a better shooter than a builder, tho I really do enjoy working with wood and metal!

I'm getting ready to returning to Ohio this Fall, maybe I can get you to build me a Muzzle loader. I have a vision
dave

Back