HR 5717 ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right off the bat im against it for requiring a license to buy ammo. It looks like a FEDERAL license to buy firearms or ammo if you are in a state or locale that doesnt require you to have a purchase license already. So a license will be required to buy a used gun (including MLs) or ammo from another private party.

The sponsors of H. R. 5717 are pandering to their anti-gun base. It stands no chance of passage and will cease to exist when this session of congress ends next January.

They passed a similar bill in my former home state of Connecticut several years ago. You had to get a long gun & ammo permit, which ended up costing you about $ 300.00. But you could buy all the components to reload ammo without having to get a permit.
Figure that one out??

They passed a similar bill in my former home state of Connecticut several years ago. You had to get a long gun & ammo permit, which ended up costing you about $ 300.00. But you could buy all the components to reload ammo without having to get a permit.
Figure that one out??
That is what worries me. Our govt making it expensive and complicated without actually taking away our right.

Figure that one out??
What a darn shame unconstitutional laws like that are still being allowed to pass & exist by elected idiots that do not belong anywhere in our govt. what's scary & more than a little shocking to me is that we keep getting more & more of them in office instead of getting RID OF the bunch we already have.

But you could buy all the components to reload ammo without having to get a permit.
I like it!

I thought the states made their own rules for firearms.

1) 1927 Nonmailable Firearms Act
2) 1934 National Firearms Act
3) 1938 Federal Firearms Act ( part of the 68 GCA now )
4) 1968 Gun Control Act
5) 1985 Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act
6) 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act
7) 1993 Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act
8) 1996 Lautenberg Ammendment

Are some Federal gun laws that are in force in every state.

Latest posts

Back