I Have Come Full Circle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nit Wit

Reaction score
In 1972 I bought my first muzzle loading rifle. It was a Harrington+Richardson made in Worcester Massachusetts. .58 cal percussion ignition. I shot up refrigerators and stoves at the dump! The mine balls made wicked hole. I sold it and moved on to better rifles.
Recently I was high bidder in an auction and I got a twin to mine and it even had the breech plug tool! With it was a H+R Huntsman in 12 gauge. I believe these were the first modern in-lines. Pretty nice condition.
I'm going to do a little time travel.
Nit Wit

Attachments

• thumbnail_20211014_171621.jpg
    thumbnail_20211014_171621.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 33
In 1972 I bought my first muzzle loading rifle. It was a Harrington+Richardson made in Worcester Massachusetts. .58 cal percussion ignition. I shot up refrigerators and stoves at the dump! The mine balls made wicked hole. I sold it and moved on to better rifles.
Recently I was high bidder in an auction and I got a twin to mine and it even had the breech plug tool! With it was a H+R Huntsman in 12 gauge. I believe these were the first modern in-lines. Pretty nice condition.
I'm going to do a little time travel.
Nit Wit
I hate it when refrigerators charge! Put em down!

Funny how that happens.
My first muzzleloader was a TC Hawken. Have one now.
First inline was a striker fired. Tried others, and have an Omega now, but to me the striker fired are the best. My Firehawk, to be specific.
Even breechloaders. My first was a..30-30. So was my last. Centerfire anyway. Have come to regard breechloaders as a passing fad...

I had a H&R .58 cal. It could bark squirrels at 50 yards, and not hit a pie plate at 100 yards. The breech plug had an o-ring, and slipped out easily after breaking the rifle. I shot my first muzzleloader deer with that rifle.

Back