I hurt!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humming Birds
as a reply to posts 3 & 4.

Post #1 No dog bites but a darn tick got me last week while turkey hunting. Got it early though. Did get it MD checked. All good.
And did manage to get two toms with my TK2000. 48 & 52 yds.
Would you mine sharing your turkey load info, I'm interested in trying some new loads?

Humming Birds
as a reply to posts 3 & 4.

Post #1 No dog bites but a darn tick got me last week while turkey hunting. Got it early though. Did get it MD checked. All good.
And did manage to get two toms with my TK2000. 48 & 52 yds.
I have had three ticks in me so far. One I had to take antibiotics for. Other two OK. I had limes disease once and no fun. It is sorta like Forest Gump says. One day no hummingbirds and the next tons. They are out there now buzzing each other off my feeder!

I have tried most of the speciality turkey loads with the exception of the TSS loads and I just refuse to pay 12$ or more for a TSS shell. The TSS shell bragging point is "longer effective range". I'm not into shooting at then at more then 25 to 30 yards. Decoys are set up 20-25 yards from where I sit and I don't shoot utill they are around the decoys.

I have found the Hornady Magnum Blends and the Winchester Long Beards to be great loads in Browning, Remington and Benelli's. I like the Long Beards the best.

Choke tubes are all over the place and takes a lot of trial and error to find what works the best in your gun. Sorta like load development in the Muzzy. The gun manufactures extra full choke tube usually performs well.

Because I too won’t pay for TSS AT $10 per shot, I just bought Browning BXD I 12 gauge. 3.5”. #5 shot for $17 for 10 rounds. It’s nickel plated lead. I haven’t shot any yet. It was available so I bought it. Remington might be available now too with a copper coated lead that’s what I used before tungsten came on the market and it is effective at around 45 yds in my gun

Differnt shot cup in the Long Beard which improves the shot group is what I was told. I don't reload and haven't compared the two so I don't know that to be fact. But the Long Beards are better in MY experience.

Back