I just found out this very sad news.

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
I talked to Del so many times and i knew he was having health issues. He was even at a hospital near me for awhile.

Delvin Wayne Ramsey, age 71 of Harrison, passed away on Saturday, April 17 (2021).
The son of Orvel Delvin and Mary Elizabeth (Bollinger) Ramsey was born on March 10, 1950, in Manilla, Arkansas.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Connie Marie (Sieg) Ramsey; and his son, Jeremy David Ramsey.
Del was a firearms and machine design developer. He spent his life working on his inventions, one of them being the sabot. Del's sabot revolutionized muzzle load firearms by bringing their ballistic efficiency into the modern era and allowed muzzle loaders to compete for the first time with more modern firearms. Del loved many things in life including; fishing, hunting, nature, antique cars and especially his grandkids and family.

phalanx

Supporter
Supporter
A huge loss for our community. RIP Del and thank you for everything you have done for us

Waxxy

Sounds like a really nice guy. Sorry to hear of his passing. Made a lot of good contributions. Rest in Peace

sam-arkie

Supporter
Supporter
He was a good guy. I talked to Del several times over the years about muzzleloading stuff. He always was very helpful and never seemed to mind being asked to share his vast knowledge about hunting and shooting with muzzleloaders.

wildcat2

Sounded like a wonderful man, and will be missed in the muzzleloader community.

Latest posts