I just found out this very sad news.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I talked to Del so many times and i knew he was having health issues. He was even at a hospital near me for awhile.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/harrisondaily/name/delvin-ramsey-obituary?pid=198419463
Delvin Wayne Ramsey, age 71 of Harrison, passed away on Saturday, April 17 (2021).
The son of Orvel Delvin and Mary Elizabeth (Bollinger) Ramsey was born on March 10, 1950, in Manilla, Arkansas.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Connie Marie (Sieg) Ramsey; and his son, Jeremy David Ramsey.
Del was a firearms and machine design developer. He spent his life working on his inventions, one of them being the sabot. Del's sabot revolutionized muzzle load firearms by bringing their ballistic efficiency into the modern era and allowed muzzle loaders to compete for the first time with more modern firearms. Del loved many things in life including; fishing, hunting, nature, antique cars and especially his grandkids and family.

He was a good guy. I talked to Del several times over the years about muzzleloading stuff. He always was very helpful and never seemed to mind being asked to share his vast knowledge about hunting and shooting with muzzleloaders.

Sounded like a wonderful man, and will be missed in the muzzleloader community.

Latest posts

Back