I made my first knife

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool. Are you going to make wood handles for it or leave it as is?

You and I are on the same page. I was going buy you a knife in auction that would be period consistent with the bag your making. My favorite knife is just plain steel. I can start at the sternum and with one motion go all the way to the throat. You'll love it.

You have a pretty nice girl there. You going to make her honest someday???? 🙂

You and I are on the same page. I was going buy you a knife in auction that would be period consistent with the bag your making. My favorite knife is just plain steel. I can start at the sternum and with one motion go all the way to the throat. You'll love it.

You have a pretty nice girl there. You going to make her honest someday???? 🙂
Yes sir!! I definitely am.

That's cool. Are you going to make wood handles for it or leave it as is?
I thought about making some scales from deer antler but when I quenched it the entire knife was hot so I’m pretty sure I’ll have a hard time drilling it to attach them with out annealing the handle. In all honesty it feels pretty decent in hand.

Here's a pic of the knife I was going to get for you.
I like yours a lot more.

View attachment 19155
I really appreciate it. That was very thoughtful of you. I’m hoping this knife I made will hold an edge. I’m not sure how hardenable horseshoes are. If it won’t stay sharp I’m going to make one out of an old file.

I use and abuse my knife. As stated when you start at the sternam and go to the throat in one motion you need a very sharp knife. Your knife will be very easy to sharpen with a stone or any cheap sharpener. After each kill a few strokes on the sharpener and your ready to go.

Muzzy, want me to pick it up that knife for you?????

Mtn Monkey, you like that knife Im watching in auction???
I was thinking it was Muzzy who liked it. Ill pick it up if you like it.

And whats Karate?????

I'm saw karate on TV one time,, I think I could put my whole leg through that hole in it,, it looks like it would do the job though I have way too many knives as is but thank you,, and then again one more knife might make a difference

Latest posts

Back