I may have...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTY

Reaction score
pooped in my own Post Toasties. The chickens are about of an age where they will start laying. I eat at most 2 eggs per week. Many weeks I eat none. Based on past experience, I expect about a dozen eggs per day.
Someone suggested putting them at the end of the driveway with a for sale sign and an honor system payment box. Is this asking for trouble?
Eating more is out of the question. I am pretty careful about my diet, as I am medication free at 70, and do not want to be on a statin. A few years ago, I would have gobbled them all down.

I have a friend who sells fruits and veggies in a little stand that sits next to his driveway. He's never had any problems with people paying on the honor system. I think if you ask around with neighbors/friends you could easily sell them especially if you give people a better deal than the grocery store.

Some weeks I do not see another person. I like it that way, and I certainly do not want to worry about the dog eating someone even though it would save me on dog food.
I was thinking of an ice chest with blue freezer packs.

We have a neighbor who calls herself the crazy egg lady. She has a cooler with blue ice packs with a locking mailbox, all in a little "shed." When the lid's up the ice chest is empty. She also has a motion-sensing alarm near it, I suppose to provide some level of monitoring. Seems to work for her.

I really don't have any neighbors. There is a guy building a shop down the road a ways, but he works in AK and is gone most of the time. I have been thinking of taking them to the senior center. I go past there when I have to make a trip into town.

I really don't have any neighbors. There is a guy building a shop down the road a ways, but he works in AK and is gone most of the time. I have been thinking of taking them to the senior center. I go past there when I have to make a trip into town.
Great idea. You'll make their day!

Latest posts

Back