I must like TC's...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently I have... several.
.50 Thunderhawk
.50 Firehawk
2 .50 Omegas ( one a Z5)
.50 Factory laminate Hawken, percussion
2 .54 flintlock Renegades
And now, a .50 flintlock Pennsylvania Hunter
Suddenly, for being an unrepentant inliner, I'm awash in FLINTLOCKS?! My my my...
All my girls are rescues of one type or another. Either not being put to good ( or any) use, the Hawken, Thunderhawk and stainless Omega, or saved from improper (or lack of) maintenance. Those being the Firehawk, Z5, both Renegades and the Pennsylvania Hunter.
Hey! I have an idea! How about a rescue shelter for muzzleloaders? Get 'em up to date on their shots. Get 'em fixed, especially the flintlocks! Promiscuous things... and get them good " forever homes"!
Right... Just a thought.20211014_142648.jpg20211014_142609.jpg20211014_142728.jpg20211014_142903.jpg20211014_142809.jpg20211014_142952.jpg20211014_143026.jpg20211014_143056.jpg

Nice looking collection. I only ever owned 2 TC'S. A 54 Renegade caplock and a 50 caliber Black Mountain Magnum.
They were both good shooters, sorry that I ever parted with them.

I wasn't looking for this one. But I walked into a shop I rarely visit because if it isn't a semi auto, they could care less. To each his own.
But I spotted it on the wall and though it was an RMC Accu Sporter. Nope, a TC Hawken. Laminated stock? No such critter thinks I. The lock was wonky and the set triggers didn't. But she just looked SO good...
Went home and she burned a hole in my brain all night.
Next morning, cash, cleaning rod and flashlight in hand, I returned.
There was something in the bore. Not a load, as it turned out, it was packing material. Unfired? They wanted $325. I pointed out the lock, triggers and bore and offered $250 o.t.d.
Done.
Got her home, spent an hour squaring her away. THEN I did some research...
Oh my! A fella at Coyote Creek Outfitters, used to be a TC gunsmith, almost dropped the phone when I told him what I had. We went over some details and it turns out she is one of the prototypes. He said he'd only seen one in the " Altar". Their model room I guess.
The BEST part, I bought her on December 13th 2019. FRIDAY December 13th...

I remember back when you got that laminated T/C Hawken. You were happy, happy, happy when you found out it was the real deal. Made a lot of folks, including myself, envious. Congrats on being in the right place at the right time.

I currently have four T/C 's. A pair of Triumphs, Z5 Omega, and a twenty inch barreled White Mountain carbine with 1in20 twist. The Omega's going out with the Lyman Deerstalker both 50 cal. Honestly at the range I have more fun with sidelock guns then anything. Was going to hunt last year with the Z5 but had health problems. In good shape this year. Season begins tomorrow.

Currently I have... several.
.50 Thunderhawk
.50 Firehawk
2 .50 Omegas ( one a Z5)
.50 Factory laminate Hawken, percussion
2 .54 flintlock Renegades
And now, a .50 flintlock Pennsylvania Hunter
Suddenly, for being an unrepentant inliner, I'm awash in FLINTLOCKS?! My my my...
All my girls are rescues of one type or another. Either not being put to good ( or any) use, the Hawken, Thunderhawk and stainless Omega, or saved from improper (or lack of) maintenance. Those being the Firehawk, Z5, both Renegades and the Pennsylvania Hunter.
Hey! I have an idea! How about a rescue shelter for muzzleloaders? Get 'em up to date on their shots. Get 'em fixed, especially the flintlocks! Promiscuous things... and get them good " forever homes"!
Right... Just a thought.View attachment 16847View attachment 16848View attachment 16850View attachment 16851View attachment 16853View attachment 16854View attachment 16855View attachment 16856
Your just getting started. I have over a dozen Renegades supporting different barrels from 32 to 58, two Hawkens, six New Englanders ( which I use in a 4H training program ), two Senecas 36 and 45), one 32 Cherokee, one 45 Patriot, 2 Scouts (50 and 54) and one Express rifle. I didn't take a physical inventory so I may have missed some. I think it borders on addiction.

Awesome collection! I'm up to 3 hawkens so far. 2 54s and a 50. My little brother has a 45. Going to slowly add to the collection when I can!

Latest posts

Back