I think I can I think I can the Ruger lcp story.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
So today I was shopping the Walmart and noticed a good deal. they had a hatfield single shot 12 gauge for only 89 dollars. Wow I thought I'll buy it I told the guy at the counter.

I didn't really need a shotgun but still being upset that my 4473 was delayed for my .22 savage purchase for about a month now I thought I'd throw another 4473 across the FBI's desk just to let them know that I'm still here..

So I had to make a mad dash home grab some paperwork and then come back to the Walmart. That entire event took me about 20 minutes. Now when I return the person at the counter had gone to lunch and apparently nobody could sell me the gun except for this individual who was at lunch for one hour. which then made me think wow Walmart must be not be a bad place to work because hey our lunch and I see a lot of people standing around not really working. But I digress.

after standing around for approximately 45 minutes individual did return from lunch and the first words out of his mouth were oh gee I'm so sorry apparently that gun is on reserve someone purchased it but I had a delay in their background check. No scratch that I'm adding words in his mouth he never mentioned the word sorry.

so being pissed off at that experience and not having anything else to do I went ahead and went down to my local Williams which is the local gunsmith and shooting range in town.

Yeah after scrambling around trying to find 9 mm ammo they did have some available and I was limited to one box which I was still thankful for. I also browse the rest of their selection and came across something that I have been wanting for a long time. The infamous Ruger LCP.

What an awesome find and only ten bucks above MSRP. As I rolled my eyes and said whatever to myself I went ahead and purchased the Ruger LCP. I was determined to fill out another 4473 that day and no one was going to stop me.

now the coolest thing about shopping at Williams is guess what they offer a box of ammunition if you purchase the gun. In other words with my firearms purchase I can purchase one box of the highly elusive 380 ammunition or what I like to call 9mm shorty.

A welcome addition to the family the Ruger LCP has a new home the best part even though I got delayed after a week I can go pick it up anyway. Now isn't that great!

I look forward to doing some testing on the Ruger LCP if I can find more ammo. I hear it's been around for a while and it's tested EDC gun.

Seeing that I have the Sig Sauer p320 I might use that for my main carry and use the Ruger LCP for a little ankle pistol.

Overkill yes but why not?

Now I did have a high point 380 on layaway which quickly got canceled after I found the Ruger LCP that I've always wanted.

This waiting and delay for background checks is getting very old I contacted the FBI's website to try to get one of those upin numbers I think it's called but they're taking about a year to process those so.... In the meantime I'm stuck in limbo.

I have a LCP since 2011 it must have over 1,000 rounds down the bore .
No he cups over the years only problem I had sheared the head off the take down pin.
Free replacement from Ruger.
I run corbon 90 gr. H.P. with hornady critical defense ammo.

I have a LCP since 2011 it must have over 1,000 rounds down the bore .
No he cups over the years only problem I had sheared the head off the take down pin.
Free replacement from Ruger.
I run corbon 90 gr. H.P. with hornady critical defense ammo.

You have to love ruger's we don't have a warranty but you have a warranty. Lol

they say on their website that they don't have a warranty but from what I hear they have a lifetime pretty much no questions asked warranty. Regardless of the fact if you're the original purchaser or not.

I am excited mine will be here on the 11th come hell or high water! I can't wait!

Williams comes through! I was in the process of paying for my savage mark 2 with heavy barrel today at Williams and my phone rang. Guess who it was.... Williams!

They called me letting me know that my Ruger lcp is ready to pickup. How awesome is that!

Even better I bought 200 rounds of 9mm and 200 of .380. I feel fortunate to have them in my area.

If all that wasn't awesome enough firearms purchase through them include free range time!

A side note Trump's son visited here today as well how wierd is that?!

In regards of your LCP the only thing that I noticed is that there's a little bit of trigger wobble. But hey it's a lightweight compact pistol. Not a huge fan of the plastic trigger but it could be upgraded if I choose.16041891082427825859612686709702.jpg

I thought if you got “delayed” and there was no further response after 3 business days you were automatically approved?

I did get delayed however they told me that I have a proceed not that it's been past the three-day waiting. Actually for them they like to wait 7 days if they haven't heard from the nics check.

So my date for pickup if they haven't heard for the next check was on the 11th but obviously I got it sooner because I got the proceed from the FBI.

Correction they like to wait two weeks if they haven't heard from the next check that explains the 11th date. I had to think about it for a moment. Lol

Last edited:
I carry a LCP-22 every place I go. I keep it full of 11rns Stingers, 3-4” group at 10 yrds.

Man I forgot about this Old Post.

Sheesh how many guns have I bought since the Ruger LCP. Lol.

I tell you what the Ruger shoots a lot better now that I bought an aftermarket extension that fits on the factory mags. Made a world of difference in shoot ability.

I tried the extended promags too they were complete junk. Those damn things wouldn't even chamber the first round or cycle the next round into the chamber. I contacted ProMag and told them that I purchased from different vendors and they both did not work properly in my Ruger LCP. Their answer was to provide me with an RMA number and have it shipped back at my expense.

I don’t like when grips aren’t as wide as my hand. I just bought a Glock 43 and I’m waiting for the 2-round magazine extensions to get here before I shoot it.

Back