I think my new rifle is ready to shoot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What mould is that?

It is one i had made at BACO, it’s in their Catalog. I had to do some Sweet Talking on this one :) BACO Don’t do Custom Molds. But now that it’s in the Catalog, anyone can order it :lewis:

To be absolutely honest, I LOVE this Bullet, it is one of my very favorites, But HATE the Mold! And it was an Expensive Mold. It is BY FAR the most Tricky Mold i own to Cast from, it’s a ROYAL PITA! The good part is, BACO Jim has came up with a MUCH better System since my Mold was Cut, I need to get mine back to him and have him Upgrade it. The Problem is the Cupped Base deal. I don’t think i would ever get another Cupped Base Mold? Dave Gullo (World Champion) Has little use for a Cupped Base, He would shoot this same Bullet as a FLAT Base
h84ox2y.jpg

This Bullet Drops at .443-.444 Diameter, Wrap them with your Paper, Send them through your Sizer to ”Iron” the Paper. Actually, I’ll bet you can Wrap these, and Load :lewis:

Would like the cat # on that mold ,is it upgraded yet ? Thanks Ed

This is it, I see BACO went up in price on their Molds. I will say that Jim Cuts an AWESOME Mold, if you ask for a .443 you will get a .443! His Molds Come with a “Proof Bullet” inside a little Ziplock Bag, Stapled inside the Mold Box. It’s up to the Caster to Cast them Correctly

Jim did tell me several months ago (back in the Summer i believe?) that ANY Nose Pour Molds made from then on Will be of the Upgraded System.
.443" Diameter 400 Grain Nose Pour, Cup Base Paper Patch Bullet Mold

Take BACO Mold Pics of their Bullets with a VERY FINE Grain of Salt, They do NOT always Represent the Actual Bullet, More not, than do

It's its simply a flat base that you want to PP look at the Accurate 44-400Q, I'm sure they can tweak it for you. Wouldn't be a nose pour.

It's its simply a flat base that you want to PP look at the Accurate 44-400Q, I'm sure they can tweak it for you. Wouldn't be a nose pour.

For the Money, Accurate Molds is EXTREMELY Hard to Beat. You can have a new Iron Mold at your Door for Just under 130 Bucks. I own lots of Accurate Molds & Swear By them :lewis: His Tolerance is nowhere near as tight as BACO‘s Molds, But there is NOTHING wrong with Accurate Molds.

At that size would it still fit after wrapping without sizing? It might be tight.

That is one thing about Accurate Molds, if you order a Mold and ask for .443 Diameter, using his PLUS tolerance, you could end up with a Bullet as large as .445, Accurate has a .002 Tolerance Window.

If it were me, and i was ordering this 44-400Q, i would order it .442 using his PLUS Tolerance. The Bullet will end up at .443, .444, Which is Great for us :lewis: If fit ends up being a Little tight? Just Wrap them, and send em through your Sizer

How thick is your Favorite Paper Ron?

I have several different types of paper right now. The stuff I was using was adding .06 to the finished bullet if I remember right
I'm thinking that Q mould is a .440 after looking at others. Where does it give actual diameter in thousands?

You gotta try some of this Stuff Ron! It’s cheap, easy to get, and it SHOOTS :lewis: This is what i was using at 825 Yards. Actually This stuff is what i use exclusively anymore ”300 series Strathmore Tracing Paper” it is Thin at .00175, my old 25% Cotton onion skin is a little Thicker at .002
IP0a1NJ.jpg

I am getting .0015 on one and the other is .002, I have another ream but that thing is under a bunch of boxes.

That Q mould is saying it weighs 400 with tire weight. I bet it is closer to 408 to 410 with 1-40.

Back