I want to know if anyone shoots side locks long 970 yds?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a GM 32 inch 1-18 twist sitting in a TC Renegade ,shooting a 530 grain BACO paper patched (9 LB)/ .443 Elliptical BHN 10.4/ 20-1 on my Lee tester . 80 grains of OE 2F gets me 1250 FPS on average and 118-120 points is on the money @700 yds . My question is pertaining to the odd yardage (970) couldn"t get to 1000 yds anyone 1st , know the points on a Lee Shaver long range venier for the 1000 yd setting and estimate the 30 yd difference ? A lot of 530 grain lead is gonna get lost due to difference in elevation and coming down into mowed but heavy grass/clover . I can spend a lot of lead/powder and (time ,not a bad thing) but if anyone has a hint on saving the lead/powder part it would be great as I can not talk anyone to sit down range (HA) Thanks Ed

up your load to 90 or 94 and some where around 155 on staff will get you close enough if you have good spotter This would be 1000 this is setting from Oak Ridge. Also you can put in your existing dope and make drop chart , MOA is what your staff is in use BC of about .38

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back