I want to target shoot & learn as much as I can.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome drpatton.You are in the right place. Im a hunter so Ill stay out of it but they will be chiming in. Get your paper and pencil ready. They have a lot of information to offer.

They will want to know, is the 54 going to be your gun to shoot at targets or are you going to buy others???? How about a pic of the gun including the front and rear sights. You have a powder scale??? How far you want to shoot??? Do you have thought on powder, primer, bullets you want to use???

Last edited:
Welcome drpatton. :welcome:
I dont know about flintlocks but ive got a Renegade and its a great gun. One more question is do you know your twist rate? Probably 1:48” but could be slower.

Welcome drpatton. :welcome:
I dont know about flintlocks but ive got a Renegade and its a great gun. One more question is do you know your twist rate? Probably 1:48” but could be slower.
I have several Renegades. All of them have a 1:48 twist. I bought Green Mountain barrels with a much slower twist, to shoot patched round balls.

Back