I woke up this morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a garden that I was willing to share with the bunnies but the bunnies didn't agree with my interpretation of "share" and that was the summer I not only trapped but used my bow (I got six and gave them away to friends who eat them). Then I found out that a fence 9 inches high will keep the rabbits out. Then the neighbor got a cat. Rabbit problem solved. Then the deer came up out of the golf course like the biblical wasted cattle out of the River Nile. I found out deer can jump high or far but not both. I double fenced my garden, the outer one a single electric wire a foot outside the inner one. In the spring I spread the electric wire with peanut butter and the fawns see their mamma scared and they get scared too. The whole set up ran about $100 and on a per year basis is down to $5.

I have enormous fun taking my little friends for a 10 mile ride. Out to the country where they face competition from more established rodents and predation by our friends the bobcat, coyote, feral dog, hawk, owl, eagle, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, and, more recently, Tesla.

One of these days I'll invest in a suppressed 22. Which in my opinion is the only caliber that's Worthy of a suppressor option.

It hurts though. What do they want $200 for a tax stamp and a year wait? That's on top of about 3 to $400 for the suppressor itself. All to be put on a $200 rifle. Smh.
CCI makes a "Quiet".22 with a segmented hollow point bullet. I have shot these out of my Mossberg bolt action .22 with 22" barrel, and they make less noise than my RWS M-40 .177 pellet gun.

I have a 10/22 that i i put a urethane buffer pin into. That quited about 30% of the noise from it. Then started shooting subsonic ammo and this gun doesn't even need a suppressor now it is so quiet. But im still going to get one for it. Right now its quieter than my PCP pellet gun.

I have a 10/22 that i i put a urethane buffer pin into. That quited about 30% of the noise from it. Then started shooting subsonic ammo and this gun doesn't even need a suppressor now it is so quiet. But im still going to get one for it. Right now its quieter than my PCP pellet gun.
What's a urethane buffer pin?
And I know what you mean about subsonics being quieter than a PCP

What's a urethane buffer pin?
And I know what you mean about subsonics being quieter than a PCP
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004753855The pin that the bolt hits during recoil is steel, and makes quite a bit of noise that you don't realize. Change that steel pin for the urethan pin. It only takes a minute, no real disassembly required. Just lift the action up out of the stock and push the old pin out with the new pin, drop the action back down into the stock.

A little bird told me a very servicable "noise reducer" can be fashioned from a plastic soda bottle, some fibreglas insulation. and some duct tape. I believe the bird.

Latest posts

Back