Idea for Knight bare primer bolt loading tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
Bestill had the idea for using a 6mm box end wrench but what about something anyone could make with just a drill bit and a hacksaw?

Well McMasters sells Delrin rods, bars and sheets. I might see if i can get it locally but until then. This might work for anyone that wants to tinker with the idea. Its under $5 per foot before shipping. I will need to measure the bare primer bolt opening to see the size needed but here is an idea of the material im talking about.
https://www.mcmaster.com/8741K36/

I had a member a couple years ago contact me though PM about this, turns out it was in 2019. He was a Lefty trying to load a right handed UL bare primer bolt, and was struggling with it. I made this up and last I had heard from him he had made one. Don't remember who he was and all those PMs were are gone. I still use this one at the range.

It was drilled only part way though (About 3/4 of the way though) with a 1/4" drill bit (If I recall the size right). The Plastic has a little rubber in the center and snaps back in size when you drill it. Holds a Primer real nice. Thinned it down a little with a dremel and sanding drum to fit in the action easier.

DSCF1212.JPGDSCF1221.JPGDSCF1212.JPGDSCF1221.JPGDSCF1217.JPG

If you have not guessed yet, that's an old Oral B tooth brush. ;)

Can't figure out the one pic double posted. When I went to edit it out it don't show 2 of them? :think:

Several years ago I a few of the leather 209 loading tools when the Knight Bare 209 bolt first came out.

Pretty dang simple using a still piece of leather. Don't laugh it worked for me... Easily carried in your pocket or vest pocket.

MntCapper.jpg

MntCapper-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back