Ignorance is Bad

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes for the 1st 40 years of my life you couldn't tell me nothing. The next twenty years i thought i was one of them that knew everything. Now at 73 i have slowed down research, study, try to learn. I am now where i should have been at the age of 10. Some of that 20/20 don't cha know ! Geez i just hate to admit all of that. LOL, now i have came full circle n learning. I have couple of perc. rifles & the one thing that jumps out at me is the poor ignition system they use, Snail/nipple set-up & the Drum/nipple set-up. Direct ignition always beats them, Underhammer n Mules ear locks. A person maynot like their looks but you can not beat their function !

Life is a great teacher, most of us reach a much older age before it hits in the head about hind sight is 20/20. Take me as an example it was called peer pressure n keeping up with the Jones n Smiths and so on. I bought my ML's with the Looks n my buddy bought this one and boy hidy this looks like one from ages ago era. If i had been smarter in brain power i would had bought several Underhammer rifles in say .36 cal. .45 cal n maybe a .50 cal. Would have had the direct ignition from jump street. But no i had to wait 50 years before my brain learned anything. All in all it was a enjoyable learning stage for past 65 yaers i have been shooting ML's

But wasn't the under hammer the answer for lefties?

Hey, if it works then it works. I can see the benefits of one of those for sure.
Yes yes i can also see benefits, but i also see a very large rolling pin in my future if i get another. My Mrs. believes in the 2 for 1 method. Ya know i sell 2 to buy one , yeah she thinks she should always get the bigger half !

Latest posts

Back