Imagine if you will.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate spreading rumors and fueling panic. I also, don't know which news source can be fully trusted. But I always had a few that I thought were trustworthy, Rueters being one. I read this article on there today about Russia and CoVid-19. There are those out there who want us to panic.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-panic-in-west-eu-document-says-idUSKBN21518F

There'll always be someone either making fun of, or instigating. Its the digital world we live in today, and social media allows people to set at key boards and express just exactly what they want and how they want it, right or wrong, knowledge or perception. Others will do what ever they can for power and/or political reasons. Panic by one or two on social media, creates a complete panic, where no one listens.
My own opinion at this point is, we should do and follow exactly what the doctors order. If they're right, it will save a lot of people. If they're wrong, then we realize what sad shape the country is in if something much worse happened.

Think twitter is any different LOL
I adjust my settings, especially on FB, for who and what I pay attention to.
Glad I live in a small town. My niece in Ohio was sent a letter from the governors office giving her special permission to drive when they tell everyone to stay in the house(quarantine). She is a DJ and does the PSA broadcasts for her area. That is coming to Michigan soon.

Glad I live in a small town. My niece in Ohio was sent a letter from the governors office giving her special permission to drive when they tell everyone to stay in the house(quarantine). She is a DJ and does the PSA broadcasts for her area. That is coming to Michigan soon.

We also live in a very rural community, however its also a vacation haven for those from down below, Hubbard Lake. Unfortunately, unless there's a complete travel ban, they're going to bring it here sooner or later. TC and Gaylord already have confirmed cases, so the east side is only a matter of time.
About the first time a mail carrier tests positive, the mail will stop being delivered, which would likely be a good thing. Who knows where and who handled the mail? Newspapers to follow? UPS, FedEx, etc? They mutually decided to close the northern border, which is just the beginning.
Its unfortunate that, there are people who will go absolutely NUTS, believing every negative statement made. Its also unfortunate, some people will just shrug it off and others will pay the price for their negligence.
I run a FB site, nothing special, but its solely related to shooting specific muzzleloaders. I keep a pretty tight lid on it, keeping all the BS and meme crap out. However I did open it up the other day to allow more stories that may not be solely related to muzzleloaders. If fellow firearms members get bored, at least they can tell stories, post photos of non hunting/shooting related, just maybe to relieve a little stress. On a side note...…….. I wonder how funny some people think all those shows about teaching survival, not the reality crap, really are now?

About the first time a mail carrier tests positive, the mail will stop being delivered, which would likely be a good thing.
Not as of last Tuesday, and not as of today. I am going to work tomorrow because the mail for my route has to get delivered. The USPS is considered essential govt. service. Who else is going to deliver the stimulus checks to the public after the bill gets passed? Protocol has already been issued regarding safety measures for delivery personnel. Disclaimer: I am not posting this as an official spokesperson for the USPS. It is general info. that has already been released by the USPS.

There are plenty of people who have had the virus and recovered fully. The media isn't covering that. You can speculate why because of everything from "they only cover sensational news" to "they don't want to creat a false sense of public safety." It doesn't really matter. I'm staying put till our country's health officials say the crises has passed. I believe this is months away. Everyone didn't get sick at the same time so everyone won't be getting better at the same time. That on top of the varying degrees of illness people seem to be suffering. Anything from a couple weeks to a couple months. Not to mention "hot spots" of people getting sick who never got sick during these few weeks. "Social distancing" is the phrase for 2020. Get comfortable with it. I am!19436.jpeg

Talk about the Lib Media causing all this fear and panic,where were they whenTRAITOR44(Obama) was president and the H1N1 Virus(Swine Flu) was attacking America? There were 60-80 million Americans infected with the virus. Never heard the world is ending from the Lib Media? Why was that...? Oh yeah TRAITOR44(Obama) was president. If the Lib Media would have done the 24/7 reporting of the number of cases of the virus, this country would have ended up in a depression! In shielding TRAITOR44(Obama) from any negative press they actually saved us from a depression. Now they are trying to cause this to happen because Trump is President...what a bunch of malcontents(being polite)!

This site is one of the top muzzleloader sites on the www. One of the biggest reasons for that is for the most part politics and religion are kept off limits. Some members may git into a pissin match once in a while but its always over muzzleloading. I see you have a grand total of three posts. Let me give you some advice. If you want to talk politics, religion, anything but muzzleloaders there are plenty of other web sites you can go to and spew forth on.

Back