Imagine if you will.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears from new sources, that because people will not listen, that the governor in Michigan, today at 11:00am, will issue lock down (shelter in place) of the entire state.
I can not confirm that as yet, but multiple news sources appear to be reporting it.

Edit:
The Associated Press said a government official told them Governor Whitmer (MI) will announce a 'stay-at-home order' Monday morning, and that it will go into effect Tuesday at 12:01 a.m.
The number of positive coronavirus cases in Michigan is now at 1,035, with nine deaths across the state.

Last edited:
It appears from new sources, that because people will not listen, that the governor in Michigan, today at 11:00am, will issue lock down (shelter in place) of the entire state.
I can not confirm that as yet, but multiple news sources appear to be reporting it.

Minnesota's Governor is having a press conference this afternoon and the rumors are we are going to shelter in place also. Interesting times that's for sure. Right now I am working from the kitchen table with my 4 kids here also with the start of their "homeschool". My wife was a teacher and we aren't going to let our kids just sit on electronics throughout all this. The lesson this morning is interesting facts about the old testament. Last week they had a science project and had to present them last night lol.

Stay safe everybody!

Minnesota's Governor is having a press conference this afternoon and the rumors are we are going to shelter in place also. Interesting times that's for sure. Right now I am working from the kitchen table with my 4 kids here also with the start of their "homeschool". My wife was a teacher and we aren't going to let our kids just sit on electronics throughout all this. The lesson this morning is interesting facts about the old testament. Last week they had a science project and had to present them last night lol.

Stay safe everybody!
My son's recently graduated from Towson University with a degree in Geology. He went right out and got a solid job with an environmental company. Benefits, the works! He and a buddy were looking to split a two room apartment and get started with the rest of his life. I told him he should squirrel away a couple months pay. He asked why? I said, in case the sky falls. For an emergency! Whatever! Less then four weeks into his new career and life, the sky falls! He was layed off, his buddy bailed on the apartment ans car is making noise. I actually hate being right! Luckily he didn't sign any leases or anything. I told him to just hunker down and ride this out. I actually expect this to last three months. Fortunately my Mrs can work from home and I'm retired so were ok but alot of other people won't be ok.

Did you watch the press conference? The first question asking about enforcement and the national guard? I wish she had just addressed the underlying question and said this is not martial law. My first gut reaction was to take a run to the market and start grabbing up everything, but I restrained myself. Hope everyone can. at LEAST 3 more weeks of this. I'm already bored outta my skull.

My hot water heater took a dump yesterday so I was out to Home Depot and had to buy a few parts locally. I was in the grocery store and I knew something was up. (I hadn't heard the news) People all over the grocery store. Shelves empty. Sugar $8.00 for 5#. Walmart I by it 25# for $8.00.

I have a hobby that requires sugar. :D

There are some new regs about price gouging. If you think you got gouged save your receipts and report them. I got gouged buying gas right after 9-11 and didn't get a receipt otherwise the gas station would have had to refund me some $ when they got in trouble.

Did you watch the press conference? The first question asking about enforcement and the national guard? I wish she had just addressed the underlying question and said this is not martial law. My first gut reaction was to take a run to the market and start grabbing up everything, but I restrained myself. Hope everyone can. at LEAST 3 more weeks of this. I'm already bored outta my skull.
Nope, didn't see the actual press conference. We've been lucky with no confirmed cases, yet. We're set to ride it out well though. Always something that "could" be done, especially winter clean up. I'm also fortunate to have my own range, so I can play. Then of course the crossbow.
Hunker down and ride it out.

As I posted earlier in the thread, and I will reiterate here, SIP orders do not affect operations of the USPS. USPS is a federal agency, on US/Federal property, and directed by the Executive branch of the Federal Govt., not any one state govt.

Im a contractor for the USDA. USDA is considered an essential service. I just received letters that allow me to travel. If I get stopped I just show them my papers. Im pretty well caught up right now so unless some state (Michigan) office needs me I think Ill be home.

Attachments

• 18553.jpeg
    18553.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 5
I feel sorry for Nurses that work in the Maternity Wards. I think they are going to be real busy come December?? :rolleyes: Seriously though my hats off to all Doctors and Nurses for doing their jobs and taking care of all those who become infected!

Let's keep the faith in God and pray this goes away SOON!

I'm done with falsebook for over three years now. What a giant waste of time.
You're letting too much crap, which can be eliminated, from keeping you from some great shooting & hunting FB pages. Settings set to private and only friend people you want. There are many groups specific to a particular rifle, model, SML, BP, BPCR, etc.

You're letting too much crap, which can be eliminated, from keeping you from some great shooting & hunting FB pages. Settings set to private and only friend people you want. There are many groups specific to a particular rifle, model, SML, BP, BPCR, etc.
"Cancel subscription"

Our first official state lock down begins today, which will be easy for us. So its time to start some of the spring cleaning early. I've had a fire going in the other building and I plan on heading out to sort some shooting equipment and targets out, along with straightening out the place. A little shop-vac on the floor is definitely in order. Between the JD Gator and the Ranger, its caked with mud. Yes the place is a mess :)
Get busy with something...…….....

I'm done with falsebook for over three years now. What a giant waste of time.
I'm gonna borrow that name if you don't mind. I too quit fb a few years ago. but Encore50a is right, there's a lot of good stuff on there as well as the bad and you can screen it out. Only place you can see Bestills stuff iirc. I signed back up with a made up name and follow groups i like, but have no fb friends, not even my family or real friends. No news(real or fake), no trolls, no opinions. I just delete all friend requests and suggestions. Kind of like a face book hermit/lurker.

I'm gonna borrow that name if you don't mind. I too quit fb a few years ago. but Encore50a is right, there's a lot of good stuff on there as well as the bad and you can screen it out. Only place you can see Bestills stuff iirc. I signed back up with a made up name and follow groups i like, but have no fb friends, not even my family or real friends. No news(real or fake), no trolls, no opinions. I just delete all friend requests and suggestions. Kind of like a face book hermit/lurker.
I did hook up with my mom's whole side of the family on falsebook and for that I'm grateful. But honestly, the rest of it was just crap. I figure if anybody wants to contact me, I'm not that hard to find. I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters, a whole slew of neices and nephews all of whom have my phone number and email address both of which have been the same for at least as long as the internet has been around. I figure if they're not looking for me, I shouldn't look for them. I say hello to my family regular. And occasionally, they say hello back. I have a few real old friends I write to now and then. I have a few new friends I've made since I joined the BP community. Maybe we'll get to do some shooting some day. Beyond that, I'm good just the way I am. There may come a time when I need to contact sombody who only uses Facebook. My wife has an account, I'll get her to look for me.

Latest posts

Back