Imagine if you will.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The politicians are only thinking about spin control and image and reelection.

Here in Maryland, there will be no public school for at least 2 weeks, no college classes after spring break for the indefinite future, no public gatherings over 250 people.

Dozens of shows, sporting events, trade shows, etc. have been cancelled.

The hit to the economy is going to be immense. I just love it when I have to listen to the idiots that we have put into office with their expensive and hoity toity educations try to convince me of the rightness of their decision making.

When any kid in middle school could figure out that if ALL the students from pre-K to graduate school in universities are sent home, then.....

1.) The teachers, not all, but most, will NOT BE DRAWING A PAYCHECK!

2.) A whole lot of parents that should be working to hold down a job, WILL NOW HAVE TO STAY HOME TO WATCH THEIR CHILD/CHILDREN, won't they?

3.) So those parents will not be earning an income, will they?

4.) Where's all the STATE LICENSED DAYCARE that is legally required to look after all these kids now at home so the parent/s can work to support their families?

5.) Since the vast majority of the N95 and N100 masks WERE MANUFACTURED IN CHINA, and a lot of the factories are in the areas hardest hit by the Corona virus, where does the gubmint think the masks necessary to conduct every day business are going to come from?

6.) And what about the full coverage goggles and gloves? To be properly safe, as much as one can be, a person needs to wear latex or nitrile gloves, and ski goggle type eye coverage; in addition to the N95 mask.

I REALLY HATE when politicians piss on my back, and try to convince me it's raining. Like Encore50A, I think the media has done it's usual bang up job of fear mongering, and has gotten most Americans so upset over this virus that they are incapable of rational thought.

Over 3000 people have died thus far (USA) this season from the "regular" flu.

My father was a childhood type-1 diabetic. I witnessed what the regular flu can do to someone with a compromised immune system.

Likewise, I saw the adult measles almost kill my brother at age 18.

The corona virus is nowhere near as devastating in lethality as the regular seasonal flu. Just look at the chart above.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are going nuts, the press is creating total panic across the Nation, over a virus that isn't as deadly as almost every other disease.
What the heck would happen if there was something much worse happen?

View attachment 8027

View attachment 8028
OUTSTANDING POST. Thank you What I sadly find more often than not is when a post like yours or a youtube video like yours gets made, the ones that really need to watch & learn, read & take heed never seem to see them. Only others like me that are fortunate to have gotten to see the post, but also appreciate it & agree completely. The few that do get to see or read & do not agree all seem to put their own personal feelings or belief ahead of the irrefutable facts being presented & ignore them completely. Welcome to the human race huh. Kind regards

People are going nuts, the press is creating total panic across the Nation, over a virus that isn't as deadly as almost every other disease.

What happens is up to each of us. Not everyone would trample someone for a tv. We have to keep having faith. Be the best human being you can be. Help someone when they are in need. We don't have to panic. We don't have to think of this as us against them. We are all in this together and will make it thru this together. I choose not to think of the worst that can happen. Instead I think 'what can i do to help? How can i make things better? And I have hope and faith that we won't descend to the worst we can be, but that we will be our best. When **** gets bad, we do what needs doing to make things right. It is a choice to be good or bad, the choice is up to each one of us.

What happens is up to each of us. Not everyone would trample someone for a tv. We have to keep having faith. Be the best human being you can be. Help someone when they are in need. We don't have to panic. We don't have to think of this as us against them. We are all in this together and will make it thru this together. I choose not to think of the worst that can happen. Instead I think 'what can i do to help? How can i make things better? And I have hope and faith that we won't descend to the worst we can be, but that we will be our best. When **** gets bad, we do what needs doing to make things right. It is a choice to be good or bad, the choice is up to each one of us.
You're absolutely right, it is a choice for MOST ppl to behave like a savage or animal or civilized human beings.

View attachment 8027

View attachment 8028
This is nothing more than a dress rehearsal for the real one that's inevitable. And we are NOT ready! There are things we can do to get ready as individuals but we really need to work on getting ready as a people. Even after this is over and calmed down we need to put in a supply of long shelf life supplies. Medical supplies and water.

From Michigan and a truck driver employed by Meijer:

"Ok everyone. Last night I delivered 132,000 pounds of groceries to Meijer stores. That’s one truck, THREE TRIPS ,500 miles. We had over 80 trucks out last night. That amounts to TEN AND A HALF MILLION pounds of groceries delivered in one night. And that’s just to the Michigan stores. We drivers will continue to do what we do every day all year long. YOU WILL NOT GO HUNGRY!! Not on our watch! So please CALM DOWN AND STOP HOARDING."

It would be nice if people would calm down and take control of themselves and make a good choice. However those days for younger generations no longer exist.

There exists today to many un-thinking followers. They hitch their wagon to another's vision uncritically, have no idea what or how their own values are being served, and add little or no value. They are baggage, and are at the mercy of whomever they choose to follow on faith.

I heard from a friend who winters in FL this morning. He stated that people have went "bat ship crazy" down there. Way to much information to share, but it is affecting all generations to one degree or another. I have a hard time believing someone needs 500 rolls of toilet paper, and is still trying to get more! People are buying frozen meats like there will never be meat again. What happens when the power goes out to all that frozen meat?
And they want to take away our 2nd Amendment right?

Shut down the media for 30 days, and 80% of the problems would go away. Just my 2¢

The politicians are only thinking about spin control and image and reelection.

Here in Maryland, there will be no public school for at least 2 weeks, no college classes after spring break for the indefinite future, no public gatherings over 250 people.

Dozens of shows, sporting events, trade shows, etc. have been cancelled.

The hit to the economy is going to be immense. I just love it when I have to listen to the idiots that we have put into office with their expensive and hoity toity educations try to convince me of the rightness of their decision making.

When any kid in middle school could figure out that if ALL the students from pre-K to graduate school in universities are sent home, then.....

1.) The teachers, not all, but most, will NOT BE DRAWING A PAYCHECK!

2.) A whole lot of parents that should be working to hold down a job, WILL NOW HAVE TO STAY HOME TO WATCH THEIR CHILD/CHILDREN, won't they?

3.) So those parents will not be earning an income, will they?

4.) Where's all the STATE LICENSED DAYCARE that is legally required to look after all these kids now at home so the parent/s can work to support their families?

5.) Since the vast majority of the N95 and N100 masks WERE MANUFACTURED IN CHINA, and a lot of the factories are in the areas hardest hit by the Corona virus, where does the gubmint think the masks necessary to conduct every day business are going to come from?

6.) And what about the full coverage goggles and gloves? To be properly safe, as much as one can be, a person needs to wear latex or nitrile gloves, and ski goggle type eye coverage; in addition to the N95 mask.

I REALLY HATE when politicians piss on my back, and try to convince me it's raining. Like Encore50A, I think the media has done it's usual bang up job of fear mongering, and has gotten most Americans so upset over this virus that they are incapable of rational thought.

Over 3000 people have died thus far (USA) this season from the "regular" flu.

My father was a childhood type-1 diabetic. I witnessed what the regular flu can do to someone with a compromised immune system.

Likewise, I saw the adult measles almost kill my brother at age 18.

The corona virus is nowhere near as devastating in lethality as the regular seasonal flu. Just look at the chart above.
My 16 year old son was ecstatic when he heard Gov. Hogan was closing schools for 2 weeks . We live in Frederick county. What part of the Free State do you live in?

From Michigan and a truck driver employed by Meijer:

"Ok everyone. Last night I delivered 132,000 pounds of groceries to Meijer stores. That’s one truck, THREE TRIPS ,500 miles. We had over 80 trucks out last night. That amounts to TEN AND A HALF MILLION pounds of groceries delivered in one night. And that’s just to the Michigan stores. We drivers will continue to do what we do every day all year long. YOU WILL NOT GO HUNGRY!! Not on our watch! So please CALM DOWN AND STOP HOARDING."

It would be nice if people would calm down and take control of themselves and make a good choice. However those days for younger generations no longer exist.

There exists today to many un-thinking followers. They hitch their wagon to another's vision uncritically, have no idea what or how their own values are being served, and add little or no value. They are baggage, and are at the mercy of whomever they choose to follow on faith.

I heard from a friend who winters in FL this morning. He stated that people have went "bat ship crazy" down there. Way to much information to share, but it is affecting all generations to one degree or another. I have a hard time believing someone needs 500 rolls of toilet paper, and is still trying to get more! People are buying frozen meats like there will never be meat again. What happens when the power goes out to all that frozen meat?
And they want to take away our 2nd Amendment right?

Shut down the media for 30 days, and 80% of the problems would go away. Just my 2¢
A lot of people are scared. When any animal gets scared it/they react to the threat. You can't make people behave rationally. You can just help one person at a time and be there for folks who are scared. But you have to prepare yourself too. I have a propane generator with plenty of fuel. A freezer full of venison. More guns than i need, and ammo. Im not a fan of misinformation but the media does a good job of figuring out what we want to see and hear, and that's what they give us. So we all have to take some part of the responsibility for the info being put out there. Many of us repeat the scary things we hear on the news. That's just the way humans are. Knowing that and doing our best to be better than those reactions is one thing we can do to stop the panicking. I try to confirm a story before i repeat it, no need to add to the problem unnecessarily. No one person can magically make this all better. But all of us together can.

My 16 year old son was ecstatic when he heard Gov. Hogan was closing schools for 2 weeks . We live in Frederick county. What part of the Free State do you live in?

Baltimore City, unfortunately.

Where, like all large cities, it is most vulnerable to its citizenry acting irrationally (panic buying out grocery stores, convience stores, and big box stores as a response to media scare mongering); as well as any form of civil unrest.

And, where martial law is most likely to be implemented if civil unrest should unfold.

And furthermore, for those that don't think martial law is a possibility, just remember that it was less than 100 years ago in 1932, when veterans were camped out on the Mall in Washington, D.C. protesting their pensions, and promised back pay; it was a young Lieutenant George Patton that ordered his men to fire upon those veterans with rifles killing two of them in order to break up the protesters, and send them home. At the DIRECT ORDERS of the General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur. Acting on orders from President of the United States, Herbert Hoover.

And, this nation is just as unruly today in 2020 as it was then, perhaps more so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the down state folks have already brought it up to within 90 miles. SMH
Had to see the dermatologist this morning and have a spot removed for a biopsy. I asked the doc his opinion, which was, "Don't get sick. Not even with a common cold."

Baltimore City, unfortunately.

Where, like all large cities, it is most vulnerable to its citizenry acting irrationally (panic buying out grocery stores, convience stores, and big box stores as a response to media scare mongering); as well as any form of civil unrest.

And, where martial law is most likely to be implemented if civil unrest should unfold.

And furthermore, for those that don't think martial law is a possibility, just remember that it was less than 100 years ago in 1932, when veterans were camped out on the Mall in Washington, D.C. protesting their pensions, and promised back pay; it was a young Lieutenant George Patton that ordered his men to fire upon those veterans with rifles killing two of them in order to break up the protesters, and send them home. At the DIRECT ORDERS of the General of the Army, Douglas MacArthur. Acting on orders from President of the United States, Herbert Hoover.

And, this nation is just as unruly today in 2020 as it was then, perhaps more so.
McArthur

Not according to the sources I checked!!

And, I did check before I posted the above, because I was not sure how to spell his last name.
It is what you wrote , by direct order of the General of the Army MacArthur,

Latest posts

Back