IMR White Hots!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Has anybody got any more information on the new IMR White Hots? I see it says they will be introduced at the 2009 SHOT Show, but Chris Hodgdon, Randy Smith and another used them on a hog hunt. I'm thinking these might just be a little on the steep side, since they are preformed and individually packaged charges. Says 72 units per the Press Release.

Here is what I have found.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/newproduct ... index.html

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satell ... White+Hots

http://www.buckmasters.com/bm/Resources ... arges.aspx

VERY interesting Busta! That's the first I've seen of it!

It says they come in 72 units of Indivually Packaged Charges.Any body know what the size of these Charges Might be are equal to.I can not help it but this Indivually Package Charges sounds a little bit like the TunderCharge Crap that MagCor tried to get over.
And why is it that they feel like the Shot Show is going to help promote the sales any,why not just bring it out to curtain markets all over the nation.And if it is any good the word would Spread faster than the Shot Show.Also is it now-Corrosive?If it were Corrosive,then i am sure they would tell us,Right? :roll:

Probably the curtain markets have been hit by the economy and they're waiting for a certain window. 8)

UC,

You owe me a keyboard and a 22" flat screen. :lol:

Does that make Hodgdon/IMR the king of black powder substitutes? (Pyrodex, 777 and White Hots)

RogerDailey said:
Does that make Hodgdon/IMR the king of black powder substitutes? (Pyrodex, 777 and White Hots)

I hope so. Hope they are the greatest pellets ever and force Western to price BH209 more competitively for those of us that are willing to put up with the anguish of pouring granules into a measure.:)

They look about the same size as the Hodgdon 50 grain pellets, but they may be a little more potent? They may be like the 777 Magnum? Just too early to tell whether they would be a two pellet or three pellet load for a magnum charge, but it does say this.

PURE POWER ? PERFORMANCE

Fastest Loads ? loads exceeding 2,300 fps

High Energy Knockdown ? up to an amazing 2,600 foot-pounds of bone crushing force

Long Range Reach ? White Hots allow the most from your rifle

http://www.imrpowder.com/white-hots.html

This tells me they are going after the Magnum crowd, and if people thought BH209 was expensive to use, we probably will be floored at what this may cost per load. If they are magnum pellets and 2 pellet loads, that is only 36 shots per package, and (just guessing here) around 83 cents per shot. If they are 3 pellet loads, that would only be 24 shots per package, and (just guessing here) probably $1+ per shot for just powder. :shock:

In Randy's field test, he just mentions that he used 2 pellets for his testing, don't know if that is max or just what he used for his test?

LOL Busta, if it is 72 pellets per box, and useing a 2 pellet load wouldn't that work out to be 36 shots per box? :wink:
Busta said:
They look about the same size as the Hodgdon 50 grain pellets, but they may be a little more potent? They may be like the 777 Magnum? Just too early to tell whether they would be a two pellet or three pellet load for a magnum charge, but it does say this.

PURE POWER ? PERFORMANCE

High Energy Knockdown ? up to an amazing 2,600 foot-pounds of bone crushing force

This tells me they are going after the Magnum crowd, and if people thought BH209 was expensive to use, we probably will be floored at what this may cost per load. If they are magnum pellets and 2 pellet loads, that is only 26b shots per package, and (just guessing here) around 83 centp per shot. If they are 3 pellet loads, that would only be 24 shots per package, and (just guessing here) probably $1+ per shot for just powder. :shock:

In Randy's field test, he just mentions that he used 2 pellets for his testing, don't know if that is max or just what he used for his test?

SwampFox said:
LOL Busta, if it is 72 pellets per box, and useing a 2 pellet load wouldn't that work out to be 36 shots per box? :wink:
Busta said:

PURE POWER ? PERFORMANCE

This tells me they are going after the Magnum crowd, and if people thought BH209 was expensive to use, we probably will be floored at what this may cost per load. If they are magnum pellets and 2 pellet loads, that is only 36 shots per package, and (just guessing here) around 83 cents per shot. If they are 3 pellet loads, that would only be 24 shots per package, and (just guessing here) probably $1+ per shot for just powder. :shock:

Yep, I had a few typos in that paragraph. :oops: And where did that b come from??? I'll go back and fix it.

typos

If UC gets you your new keybiard you willnever have a typo again

Robbie,

I don't think he even knows what he is shooting. :lol: It was a Knight Disc in the pic, probably an Extreme or an Elite. Not the first time I seen an error in his writing. You would think HE would know what he is shooting, UNLESS Knight is coming out with a new Disc model? I'm betting it was the Elite or Extreme.

I scronge up just a bit of info.
The pellets are 50 gr equivenent and the velocities are much the same as an equal amount of BH209.
Does any one know if it is sugar based?
Lee

The question about "sugar based" brings up an interesting situation. I think most of the subs (other than pyrodex and 777) are ascorbic acid based. I think that is just another name for vitamin "C". The interesting part here is that I believe the ascorbic acid is actually derived from sugar through some procedure that I do not have information about. Maybe someone else has more information than I do???

Back