Inline Match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
We all know that any sport without new players is doomed. It is great to have the inline match and be able to use the best guns a person can afford but I wonder if there are people who would shoot if they thought they wouldn't be competing against the high dollar guns
Maybe an additional inline match where only factory out of the box guns can be used would attract more shooters . More average hunters that either can't or wont buy a custom inline. lots of people have regular muzzys and might attend if they didnt think they had to compete against the Big money guns.
just a thought. Rules would be simple. Any out of the box gun from a manufacturer with no changes . Just add a scope and join in the fun.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
Maybe closer range. Like 50 yd offhand. 100 yards 200 yards and 300 yards . Those are within the average hunters distances especially if they live out west in the open country . Just a thought.

I will bring a prize when I come to donate . A new muzzy and some bullets for the winner 😁

45-70

Reaction score
We all know that any sport without new players is doomed. It is great to have the inline match and be able to use the best guns a person can afford but I wonder if there are people who would shoot if they thought they wouldn't be competing against the high dollar guns
Maybe an additional inline match where only factory out of the box guns can be used would attract more shooters . More average hunters that either can't or wont buy a custom inline. lots of people have regular muzzys and might attend if they didnt think they had to compete against the Big money guns.
just a thought. Rules would be simple. Any out of the box gun from a manufacturer with no changes . Just add a scope and join in the fun.

Maybe closer range. Like 50 yd offhand. 100 yards 200 yards and 300 yards . Those are within the average hunters distances especially if they live out west in the open country . Just a thought.

I will bring a prize when I come to donate . A new muzzy and some bullets for the winner 😁
I have often thought about that , the way it was when we started , and bigger crowds