Inline Match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know that any sport without new players is doomed. It is great to have the inline match and be able to use the best guns a person can afford but I wonder if there are people who would shoot if they thought they wouldn't be competing against the high dollar guns
Maybe an additional inline match where only factory out of the box guns can be used would attract more shooters . More average hunters that either can't or wont buy a custom inline. lots of people have regular muzzys and might attend if they didnt think they had to compete against the Big money guns.
just a thought. Rules would be simple. Any out of the box gun from a manufacturer with no changes . Just add a scope and join in the fun.

We all know that any sport without new players is doomed. It is great to have the inline match and be able to use the best guns a person can afford but I wonder if there are people who would shoot if they thought they wouldn't be competing against the high dollar guns
Maybe an additional inline match where only factory out of the box guns can be used would attract more shooters . More average hunters that either can't or wont buy a custom inline. lots of people have regular muzzys and might attend if they didnt think they had to compete against the Big money guns.
just a thought. Rules would be simple. Any out of the box gun from a manufacturer with no changes . Just add a scope and join in the fun.

Maybe closer range. Like 50 yd offhand. 100 yards 200 yards and 300 yards . Those are within the average hunters distances especially if they live out west in the open country . Just a thought.

I will bring a prize when I come to donate . A new muzzy and some bullets for the winner 😁
I have often thought about that , the way it was when we started , and bigger crowds

MATCH HELD AT NMLRA RANGE in FRIENDSHIP , INDIANA
I WANT to shoot this match. I'm new to the game of competition like this, but I definitely want to shoot this year.

So with that said, what does the average shooter bring with him/her to compete? Are benches provided to set up on? I'm just not sure what I would need to have other than my rifle and components to participate?? Thanks in advance!

I WANT to shoot this match. I'm new to the game of competition like this, but I definitely want to shoot this year.

So with that said, what does the average shooter bring with him/her to compete? Are benches provided to set up on? I'm just not sure what I would need to have other than my rifle and components to participate?? Thanks in advance!
most will shoot from bench, so you will need to bring your own, maybe a spotting scope and spotting board. Would really be glad to have you. Where you located?

Last edited:
that reminds me of a Ducks Unlimited dinner I went to
buy the tickets and the guy who does the drawing has his friends win all the good prizes

most will shoot from bench, so you will need to bring your own, maybe a spotting scope and spotting board. Would really be glad to have you. Where you located?

I’m in Michigan. Are there loading benches there, or is that something I will need to bring? I’m really looking forward to this shoot

I’m in Michigan. Are there loading benches there, or is that something I will need to bring? I’m really looking forward to this shoot
you have loading bench in back of line but will need a shooting bench

I see the ranges are in Meters and Yards?

A picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks for the photos ENCORE50A
If possible, I'm going to try and make this match. I'm from near Alpena, actually Hubbard Lake. Friendship is a really nice facility.
Because its an 8hr+ drive, I make a list of the things I have to take, along with things I should have.... just in case. I just can't drive back to the house for some thing. LOL
If you'd like, I can share a list.
If you want to shoot really LONG RANGE, I believe Camp Atterbury is in June again. 800, 900 and 1,000yds, prone off cross sticks. Fun as all get out.

If possible, I'm going to try and make this match. I'm from near Alpena, actually Hubbard Lake. Friendship is a really nice facility.
Because its an 8hr+ drive, I make a list of the things I have to take, along with things I should have.... just in case. I just can't drive back to the house for some thing. LOL
If you'd like, I can share a list.
If you want to shoot really LONG RANGE, I believe Camp Atterbury is in June again. 800, 900 and 1,000yds, prone off cross sticks. Fun as all get out.

I would really appreciate that ENCORE.

Some of this might seem a little elementary but, at times I'd forget where my own head is LOL

This is pretty much the list I made for last June's Camp Atterbury match. I verify each item is in the truck and cross it off the list.

Rifle & case
Shooting Box w/more than enough supplies
Bullets lots of bullets ;)
Wads
Modules
Hand primer
Prime/de-prime tools
Range rods
Prone shooting mat
Loading table
Cross sticks
Bipod
Spotting scope and tripod
Chair for setting
Portable shooting bench
Front rest
Rear rest
Cooler and ice for drinks/food/snacks
Rain gear
All personal products
Cell phone charger
Bug spray
Sun screen
Pop-up canopy ..... Atterbury
2-way radios .......... Atterbury
ALL Cleaning tools, breech plug tools, etc.
Volume measure
DOPE Chart/s

Some of this might seem a little elementary but, at times I'd forget where my own head is LOL

This is pretty much the list I made for last June's Camp Atterbury match. I verify each item is in the truck and cross it off the list.

Rifle & case
Shooting Box w/more than enough supplies
Bullets lots of bullets ;)
Wads
Modules
Hand primer
Prime/de-prime tools
Range rods
Prone shooting mat
Loading table
Cross sticks
Bipod
Spotting scope and tripod
Chair for setting
Portable shooting bench
Front rest
Rear rest
Cooler and ice for drinks/food/snacks
Rain gear
All personal products
Cell phone charger
Bug spray
Sun screen
Pop-up canopy ..... Atterbury
2-way radios .......... Atterbury
ALL Cleaning tools, breech plug tools, etc.
Volume measure
DOPE Chart/s
Thank you Sir!

Latest posts

Back