Interesting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting . I do what my shooting partner for years and #2 sniper in Viet Nam taught me . Tbis is not what 99.99% of precision shooters do . Level a target at long range . Loosen ring caps -slightly . Assume sbooting form with rifle FIRMLY IN YOUR SHOULDER/SHOOTING POCKET ,it more than likely will be "canted" . Align cross hairs with leveled cross on target , tighten ring caps . Adjust scope for zero .
No matter where you are , field or bench , you are the 1 variable your rifle has now been tuned to "fit" . His words and now mine . Much Better !!!

Likely for most hunters the tool in the video will do exactly what most just need.
For extended long range, they recommend that the most accurate method is live fire. With the rifle zeroed and level, they say to hang a plumb line 32" long at 100yds on a large backstop. Shoot a group at the bottom of the plumb line. Then using the same POA, adjust the vertical turret up 15 to 30moa. Then fire another group. The second group should be exactly centered on the plumb line as the first.
Much more critical when shooting long range or ELR.

Likely for most hunters the tool in the video will do exactly what most just need.
For extended long range, they recommend that the most accurate method is live fire. With the rifle zeroed and level, they say to hang a plumb line 32" long at 100yds on a large backstop. Shoot a group at the bottom of the plumb line. Then using the same POA, adjust the vertical turret up 15 to 30moa. Then fire another group. The second group should be exactly centered on the plumb line as the first.
Much more critical when shooting long range or ELR.
Agreed. For REALLY FAR !!! Me , im just an old bird hunter tryin to shoot deer.....

Nice tool pouch of tools . Man id love to go to that show !!! Ya know ???
I honestly wouldnt know where to begin !!! Too much cool stuff !!!

Gettin stir crazy down here !!!! Tired of being sick !!! I know , preachin to the choir . Come on spring !!!!!

Back