Investarms / Cabals’s style hawken barrel help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albert Majerus

Reaction score
I am looking at a Hawken style sidelock which is not identified as an Investarms / Cabela’s Hawken but appears in every way to be exactly that. The item is described as having a 1:28 fast twist barrel, I can find no evidence that that twist rate was ever available in that rifle. Can anyone help me to identify if that twist rate was an option or as an after market item. Thanks. Al

I am looking at a Hawken style sidelock which is not identified as an Investarms / Cabela’s Hawken but appears in every way to be exactly that. The item is described as having a 1:28 fast twist barrel, I can find no evidence that that twist rate was ever available in that rifle. Can anyone help me to identify if that twist rate was an option or as an after market item. Thanks. Al

Is it a Green Mountain Barrel? Green Mountain made some Aftermarket Barrels for the Investarm Hawkens, I remember seeing a Few Barrels in Blisterpacks, Marked for Investarm. I also remember seeing a nice investarm Hawken Rifle for Sale a Few years ago on Gunbroker, it was sporting a .45 Cal Green Mountain LRH Barrel, But they are 1:30 Twist. I believe that Forum member @Harleysboss has a .50 Cal Green Mountain barrel in an Investarm Hawken stock?

I am not sure if Investarm themselves ever made a 1-28 Twist Sidelock? I have never seen one

Thanks again Lewis. This item is listed on GB. I can’t tell if it is a GM barrel. The seller is not responding to my request for info.

Thanks again Lewis. This item is listed on GB. I can’t tell if it is a GM barrel. The seller is not responding to my request for info.

From what little i can tell, The Breech Plug Configuration, ”Cleanout” Screw sure looks like my Green Mountain Barrels.

if indeed it is a Green Mountain fast Twist Barrel, it will say The Caliber, followed by LRH (.45 Cal LRH) The LRH stands for ”Long Range Hunter”

Green Mountain LRH Barrel Twist Rates are as Follows
.45 Cal 1:30 Twist
.50 Cal 1:28 Twist
.54 Cal 1:28 Twist

Last edited:
My 50 cal GM LRH sits in a Lyman Deer Stalker stock. It took just a little bit of light file work to get it to settle in perfectly.

I remember handling, and Shooting it, It‘s a nice Rifle :lewis: I couldn’t remember exactly what the Stock was?

Sorry about the duplicate post! I realized I posted in the wrong(?) Area and reposted.
Anyway, I took a flyer on the rifle because the fast twist 45 cal barrels are so hard to find. At $250, If it shoots, (half the cost of a made to order barrel) I did not lose much. Anyone know if cerakote can be removed? (don’t laugh)

Attachments

• 52BA9321-4A4A-47B0-A837-29B6FF74C263.png
    52BA9321-4A4A-47B0-A837-29B6FF74C263.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 15
  • E1A02B0C-2DD6-4957-815F-65E0CADC4CF6.jpeg
    E1A02B0C-2DD6-4957-815F-65E0CADC4CF6.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 15
Sorry about the duplicate post! I realized I posted in the wrong(?) Area and reposted.
Anyway, I took a flyer on the rifle because the fast twist 45 cal barrels are so hard to find. At $250, If it shoots, (half the cost of a made to order barrel) I did not lose much. Anyone know if cerakote can be removed? (don’t laugh)

It is a Green Mountain LRH Barrel Correct? I see it has the Williams Fiber Optic sights that Came with the GM LRH Barrels. As i said above, if it is a GM LRH .45 Cal Barrel, it is a 1:30 Twist

The Investarm rifles have a very different looking Breech plug side, when compared to the Green Mountain Barrels. The side view picture of your Breech Plug, looks exactly like my GM Barrels.

Here is a Lyman
eATq0b2.jpg

And yours, Looks like all of my Green Mountains
0eMQFSy.jpg

Thanks again Lewis. I did some research based on your previous before the purchase and found the the same similarities. The seller claims the item had been custom built rifle. I have not received the item yet. As soon as I have it in my possession I will update this post.

Back