Investarms Sporterised Hawken Carbine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brotherlloyd

Reaction score
anyone ever shoot one ( Cabelas)

one just showed up at my door looking for a new home

(cabelas) Investarms Sporterised Hawken Carbine

In that little guy i would look at the Bullshop 445 UC Short if its a 50cal. They are not listed on his website but there are pics of them floating around. Keep the load on the lighter side. A 50cal 1-24 will handle just about anything your should can handle including a 600gr. Probably not much fun shooting the jumbos in a carbine.

NoExcuses 420gr could be a winner if you want a little less recoil. 80gr of 2F real black sounds about right. A little less if using T7, Swiss or Olde Enysford since they will be hotter than BP like Goex. Grab some wool wads too. 54cal instead of 50s for the tighter fit if you can.

I put a mag spark 209 primer adapter on mine. Gotta love the chrome lined barrel. Try 80 to 90 with that combo. Nipple size is 6x.75mm

Last edited:
I had one that was a 1-24” twist carbine And it reallly likes 300 grain xtps in supplies sabot with 80 grains of 2f Swiss. I have been looking for another one like it as it was a great shooterZ never should have sold that one

My 50 Cabelas Carbine shoots sabots better than anything else I've tried them in. Don't recall much about what I was shooting. Think it was TC Mag Express sabots and some bulk 44 cal. 240gr JHPs I got from Midway. I have plenty of both.

It did very well.

Mine came with a manual (which I've since lost). Sticks in my mind that the maximum load was 80 gr black powder. Whether 2f or 3f, I can't remember. However, for anything other than roundball, Investarms recommends 2f in my other rifles, which makes sense. Since this is not a roundball shooter, a max load of 80gr 2f is probably what you have.

Latest posts

Back