Is Guns.com a scam site

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be as hesitant as you are. It looks fishy but...I would look at all the listing sites and
google the gun and really know what it is worth. Along the way I might see the same gun
offered on another site or maybe just the pictures In an old listing, that would make me very
wary. Since an offer doesn’t lock you into a purchase, I‘d make one and see if that generates
a response. Maybe it will start a conversation that gets your questions answered.
Buying sight unseen is always risky. If I really want the piece, if I can afford the loss, and
if I‘m reasonably sure it’s not a scam (usually something too good to be true), I might buy.

I am an optimist, but I am always prepared to be disappointed. The Savage 219 was about
as expected from the pictures with one unexpected plus. The trigger had some work done
and was much better than stock. I was not disapppointed.

I don't know. I'm only talking about $300. Maybe I'll just go ahead and buy it and post the results here for the world to see.

I don't know. I'm only talking about $300. Maybe I'll just go ahead and buy it and post the results here for the world to see.
In a weak moment, I hit the Buy It Now. Put in all the required info for a full price card transaction. Then I got to the line that said "Enter the name and address of your FFL dealer". I didn't know where to go from there because I want to buy this on my C&R FFL, and that is not one of the options given. It saves me $40.00 in transfer fee charges. So I emailed them. The next day I was excited to see a new email from them
It was to the effect that they were irritated that there was an unpurchased item in my box!

In a weak moment, I hit the Buy It Now. Put in all the required info for a full price card transaction. Then I got to the line that said "Enter the name and address of your FFL dealer". I didn't know where to go from there because I want to buy this on my C&R FFL, and that is not one of the options given. It saves me $40.00 in transfer fee charges. So I emailed them. The next day I was excited to see a new email from them
It was to the effect that they were irritated that there was an unpurchased item in my box!

Well what are you waiting for? Complete the Purchase! You surely don’t wanna get them anymore irritated than they already are do ya?

I have a better idea, why don't you deal with them since you seem to have all the answers to everything.:thumb:

I have a better idea, why don't you deal with them since you seem to have all the answers to everything.:thumb:

Stupidity is something i DON’T have an answer for? If you have another Weak moment and Hit the “Buy it now Button” again, I do wish you Luck :lewis: That’s the best i can do BB

budsgunshop.com
If I can't find something local (which I would really prefer), Bud's seems to have everything and at really good prices. Multiple ways to pay, from personal check to cc.
The only issue I ever had with them was going to one of their stores to handle a rifle in person before buying. Not a great experience, their retail and on-line businesses are totally separate, to include inventory.
But on-line is super easy and very fast.

budsgunshop.com
If I can't find something local (which I would really prefer), Bud's seems to have everything and at really good prices. Multiple ways to pay, from personal check to cc.
The only issue I ever had with them was going to one of their stores to handle a rifle in person before buying. Not a great experience, their retail and on-line businesses are totally separate, to include inventory.
But on-line is super easy and very fast.
Thanks muchly. I will check them out.

Buds was always good for me until around early Jan. I tried to purchase a rifle online and they wouldn't sell to me unless I joined the team Buds for $25 or something like that.

Buds was always good for me until around early Jan. I tried to purchase a rifle online and they wouldn't sell to me unless I joined the team Buds for $25 or something like that.

I've never even heard of this team thing. But, I haven't looked at their website in a few months.

It doesn't seem like the Bud's Teams thing is mandatory but if you join you get "special" benefits. Cost s $29.95 for one year with a $24.95 per year if you do automatic renewal. Here's what they say you get:
  • Exclusive Saving on Select Firearms, Ammo and Accessories for Team Buds Members
  • Pick a serial number on Select Firearms for FREE (a $5 value per selection).
  • Minimum 72-hour advance purchase opportunity on all hard-to-get guns, all used guns, ammo, and any other special offers. Click HERE to view our current offerings.
  • A 1-888-Toll-Free number for Team Buds members only.
  • All "Fast Track" items ship within 1 business day for Team Buds Members. *
  • Members are always first to be notified when an item they are waiting for is back in stock.
  • An expedited email option for Team Buds members only. Click HERE
  • 90 Day Layaway on used guns available to Team Buds members only.
  • Active Team Buds members are allowed 2 open no-fee layaway orders at a time.

Interesting, thanks for the info phalanx. I guess if you buy a couple of guns a year it might be worth it.

I went to Bud's and found that membership is required. So I signed up and put a firearm in my "Box". They do not say it has a price for joining. I left the gun in my box. Do they wait until you get to checkout to pull the $24.95 out of their hat?

My friend went to a gun show this weekend. He went in with 2 bricks of cheap .22 rimfire in his hand, thinking about trading it. He got about 1/2 way in before somebody grabbed him by the elbow and offer $80 apiece for the bricks. He sold to the guy and found out when he got in that ANY 500 round brick was sell at $100 or more.

Latest posts

Back