Is Guns.com a scam site

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On Buds there's an "Ask the community" area. A few people asked if being a team buds membership was required to make a purchase.

Most answers:
  • Only if the item says Team Bud's Only, otherwise you can order it without being a member

They say the Buds Items only changes: one month may not be required, next month it may be required for the item.

Case anyone's interested, I found out Guns dot com will not ship to a C&R under any circumstances.

I have bought several guns using guns.com. I did not have any problems with them. They only ship to a FFL thst they have on file though. A new FafL has to send them their info before they will ship to them. You then get your gun from your FFL. I never tried the make an offer feature. I didn’t know that they had one.

I have bought several guns using guns.com. I did not have any problems with them. They only ship to a FFL thst they have on file though. A new FafL has to send them their info before they will ship to them. You then get your gun from your FFL. I never tried the make an offer feature. I didn’t know that they had one.
I bought a pistol from guns.com. They were great. Zero problems.

I bought a "new" handgun and waited about a week to receive it. It came in and was heavily used, to the point where I wouldn't want to fire it.

- There was rust in the barrel
- a heavy yellow ring around the firing pin
- the iron sight screws were stripped
- the follower in the magazines were all discolored.

I can't believe I was ripped off so bad. They said they'd refund me.. but I'd have to pay for the shipping and I wouldn't get reimbursed for the transfer fee.. yikes

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding about Guns.com.

A great deal of it is mine… 😂

To me, they appear to offer different services. One service is (perhaps) buying from Guns.com. I think the other service is kind of a listing service, where FFLs can advertise their wares. I think that whether you are buying a gun from Guns.com, vs. through them… might depend on the individual sale.

Think about GunBroker- there’s a whole range of experiences out there… because there are thousands(?) of sellers on GunBroker. You’re not buying a gun from GunBroker, you’re buying a gun through GunBroker.

I’ve seen many listings on Guns.com that were for a used firearm being sold by individual Cabela’s stores. Love them or hate them, I don’t think too many folks think of Cabela’s as a “scam“ outfit. When I saw Cabela’s posting used guns on Guns.com, that lent the site some air of legitimacy, IMHO.

I think that Guns.com could very easily do a much better job of explaining how their business model works…

Back