Is it just me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears so. Its also happening in other types of forums and on FB shooting sites. I will say on FB, many of them get weeded out quickly.

I believe for this forum at least, people are starting to get back in to muzzleloading. I think there are a few reasons for this. 1. Is that ammo is hard for find right now. 2. I think alot of people are realizing ML seasons allow for more hunting opportunities and some states have a traditional ML season where inlines or scopes arent allowed which means people have to go back to the sidelocks or flintlocks (this is how I ended up coming to this forum). 3. Modern MLs are extremely accurate and their performance can rival CF cartridges (especially smokeless MLs). Whatever the reason is, I think its great for this hobby. Without new recruits, it would eventually die out

Same, here since 2018. I didn't know forums and such existed as I am still very tech and computer illiterate. I never used a computer until sometime in 2009 as I never seen a need and had no understanding of it or desire to use it. Has opened many new research and info opportunities. These forums are a great resource for new and old comers to the sport as things evolve and people re-invent the wheel.

Yeah, I was happy with 1 sidelock and 1 inline muzzle loader until I stopped here. Since then ( two years ) I have acquired a Knight Bighorn and a Knight Elite. I think I can quit any time I want but I may need counseling. Then I visited plumberron. He bought a 45-70 trapdoor. Now I think I need one of those. Maybe a Sharps Quigley would be nice before I stop. Then there's the 35 lb of lead I bought and I don't have any other equipment to pour my own. So I should complete that list before I quit. Then maybe some of............., or maybe 1 of those ........................, could get a ................., but I will stop soon.

Yeah, I was happy with 1 sidelock and 1 inline muzzle loader until I stopped here. Since then ( two years ) I have acquired a Knight Bighorn and a Knight Elite. I think I can quit any time I want but I may need counseling. Then I visited plumberron. He bought a 45-70 trapdoor. Now I think I need one of those. Maybe a Sharps Quigley would be nice before I stop. Then there's the 35 lb of lead I bought and I don't have any other equipment to pour my own. So I should complete that list before I quit. Then maybe some of............., or maybe 1 of those ........................, could get a ................., but I will stop soon.
Im here for you buddy. (although i may not be able to help you stop buying more ..............):dance:

After I started on this forum I realised that I first signed up years ago. For some reason it never clicked. Don't remember my old details though so I'll stick to being a newbie.

I'm with @snapbang this forum is a horrible place. I just wanted to get a sidelock 50 cal and now I'm already thinking on how I need a 58 and a flinter someday too. I do my best to not look at any posts about 45/70 sharps threads too!

I will say this, I've been on just about every forum related to hunting in the US, NZ and Australia and this is by far the most helpful and friendly. It's a great resource and place to chat and I hope it never changes.

When I joined July of 14 I already had my first gun. Honestly was rather apprehensive and a little intimidated. I don't recall how I found this forum. For me it's been a real thrill. Great members and the knowledge of muzzy's is hard to believe.

I joined for these reasons.
1. I owned a few muzzle loaders and I needed some advice.
2. Due to the current prices of ammunition I have been shooting my muzzle loaders more frequently and I wanted to see if my results were similar to others.
3. The pandemic has me on the computer more than I was before and this is a great way to interact with like minded individuals.
4. I am a retired school teacher that fills in as a substitute teacher and the district firewalls does not block me from interacting with you good folks while I am "working."

My youngest daughter years ago was asked by my wife how many guns I had?
She replied, "he needs just one more."
You guys now know why she is my favorite.
BTW she also thinks that Hoppes #9 is what happiness smells like.

I just joined this forum to make sure all the addicts weren't staying to themselves on the other ones.:bang: A lot of good info here a little ribbing here and there and a lot of good conversation.

I just joined this forum to make sure all the addicts weren't staying to themselves on the other ones.:bang: A lot of good info here a little ribbing here and there and a lot of good conversation.
^^^^^^ What he said....

I regrettably sold my cap-and-ball black powder revolvers in the early 90s and have just started getting back into it again now

Latest posts

Back