Is there a good 200 scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might find a Redfield revolution around somewhere and if it’s a hunting scope you want the accurange reticle is actually pretty sweet.
I think all of the revolutions were built in Oregon before they broadened their line and started building them overseas in the Philippines I believe

The Revolutions were made in Oregon and the reticle is virtually the same as the Grand Slam Loopies. It was more of less the same scope if you looked at the specs. The two 2-7x33s ive owned held up fine to some real bruiser loads.

Sightron S-TAC tactical 3-15

Sightron offers great optical quality for the dollar. They have a semi cheap 2-10x32 with a 30mm tube. Its still not cheap but ive seen them on sale for well under $300.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-s-tac-30mm-2-10x32-riflescope.html

Last edited:
i have an elite 3200 on my Traditions, been on the gun for 7 years now and is still working amazing! Got it off Natchess for around $180 iirc.
My newest rig, CVA Accura V2 now has a Leupold VX Freedom on it and I love everything about it so far.

They blew out the rest they had not long ago. They had some smoking good deals on a few Elites. Glass in all of them was super nice for the money. Nearly unbeatable really. I liked the 3200 3-9x40 the best. It was just a great scope.

The Revolutions were made in Oregon and the reticle is virtually the same as the Grand Slam Loopies. It was more of less the same scope if you looked at the specs. The two 2-7x33s ive owned held up fine to some real bruiser loads.

Sightron officers great optical quality for the dollar. The have a semi cheap 2-10x32 with a 30mm tube. Its still not cheap but ive seen them on sale for well under $300.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/sightron-s-tac-30mm-2-10x32-riflescope.html

I use to own a Redfield Revolution, it was a DARN Good Scope :lewis: I wish i had Kept it. I also had 1 of their Cheaper Revenge Models, it was also a good Scope, the Revenge was made in the Philippines

Best to buy a Leupold. Buy the best one you can afford. Stay away from Vortex. The Burris I have on my hardest kicking front loader is the Burris Fullfield muzzleloader 3-9x40. It was around $200, has range graduated crosshair, and so far it's holding up on that Remington with 200 gr. Triple 777 and 250 gr bullet....that thing will wind your watch!

Best to buy a Leupold. Buy the best one you can afford. Stay away from Vortex. The Burris I have on my hardest kicking front loader is the Burris Fullfield muzzleloader 3-9x40. It was around $200, has range graduated crosshair, and so far it's holding up on that Remington with 200 gr. Triple 777 and 250 gr bullet....that thing will wind your watch!

I am not a Vortex Fan either, I had one of their Higher end Viper PST Gen 2 Scopes FAIL, Fall Apart (1,000 Dollar Scope) This was on a .45 Cal Knight Mountaineer, Then I found on YouTube where another very Reputable Guy was on Scope #4 of the SAME Scope, That was the END of me and Vortex, I personally don’t even consider them an Option anymore

Keep in mind, Redfield Revolution Scopes are made by Leupold in Oregon. I had one, it was EVERY Bit as nice as my VX-1 & 2s

In 2008 Leupold & Stevens bought the rights to Redfield and two years later began producing the new Revolution line of Redfield scopes in their Beaverton factory.

If you can find a minox on ebay they are great scopes.ive had a minox za5 on my knight disc 45 for 10 yrs and poi has never changed.that being said I have 2 vx freedom scopes and they are great.

I have 4-5 Nikons, prostaff and Monarch that have always held. me well. I got away from BDC because I cannot pick reticle up in a woods setting. Cataracts. Its kind of a shame their not making scopes anymore. My next will most likely be Leupold . Like Greg said theres a lot of good choices out there.

If you can find a minox on ebay they are great scopes.ive had a minox za5 on my knight disc 45 for 10 yrs and poi has never changed.that being said I have 2 vx freedom scopes and they are great.

ZA5 HD 2x10x40 was one of the best scopes ever offered by Minox. All of them were made at a plant in Oregon. The specs were excellent but my Razor HD LH is slightly better in a couple ways. One thing that made the ZA5 so cool was the German #4 reticle they offered. It was also offered in a 2-10x50.

ATM i would keep an eye out for deals on the Cabelas Instinct HD. Im sure ive seen the 3-9x40 on sale for $200. Its nothing more than a Meopro with some cosmetic changes for Cabelas. List price is $299 which is still a pretty fair price for a Meopta made scope. You can get a Optika5 for around $280 with the rebate code at Sport Optics too but ive heard the MeoPro is a little nicer.

I've had really good luck with the Burris FullField IV line of scopes.

Last edited:
I expect it to help see my target clearly and trouble free
A range of 100 yards or less in a wooded setting on whitetail deer.
[/QUOTE]
I was mostly looking for your hunting environment...open fields or woods. Now that I know that I'm going to go against the grain and recommend a quality red dot scope like the Vortex Strikefire II. Back when all my deer hunting was in close quarters and was still using a shotgun, my weapon of choice was a Winchester 1300 and an Aimpoint red dot scope. Rapid target aquisition is key...more so than lots of magnification. I shot quite a few deer with that weapon and while I don't have one on my Plains Rifle, that's because I shoot over open hay, bean and corn fields at ranges out to 300 yards. But for you something like this could well be a solid choice.

I've had a Revolution 2-7x33 on my 45-70 for a decent bit now. It's been rock solid with no issues and I've put some pretty hot loads through that rifle.

ZA5 HD 2x10x40 was one of the best scopes ever offered by Minox. All of them were made at a plant in Oregon. The specs were excellent but my Razor HD LH is slightly better in a couple ways. One thing that made the ZA5 so cool was the German #4 reticle they offered. It was also offered in a 2-10x50.

ATM i would keep an eye out for deals on the Cabelas Instinct HD. Im sure ive seen the 3-9x40 on sale for $200. Its nothing more than a Meopro with some cosmetic changes for Cabelas. List price is $299 which is still a pretty fair price for a Meopta made scope. You can get a Optika5 for around $280 with the rebate code at Sport Optics too but ive heard the MeoPro is a little nicer.

I remember we talked about Meopta awhile back. They would DEFINITELY be a Top choice of mine, They are who made the Zeiss Conquest Line, I had one and loved it. Their Meopro is nearly identical to the Conquest

There seems to be some confusion about where the latest round of MeoPro and HD Instincts are being made. A couple guys said theirs are Czech Republic which is just fine. If that is the case all assembly is "in house" again along with the other Meopta scopes. They dont have one at my Cabelas to look at in person.

Back