It'll do

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Normally I'd have let this guy pass, but with an unknown surgery date coming up it was time to put venison in the freezer.
He was 20yds out and I watched the lighted knock enter and exit. He made it maybe 70yds.
Exit wound showing. Entrance same height but more forward right behind the leg.

2020 xbow buck 10-27-2020.jpg

Waidmannsheil, good shot. Do you process yourself or take it to town? I do mine, and it takes me days, so I totally understand you wanting to get venison in the freezer if you have upcoming surgery. I had back surgery last year, and it takes a while for 'older' folks to recover! Hope your surgery goes well.

Congrats!!!! You’ll have some good eating while recovering from surgery. Was it shot out of the new stand?

EXCELLENT Shot! Nothing wrong with him George :lewis: If i see one like him, I’m gonna lower the Hammer.

I went out this Evening with my Muzzleloader and got Disgusted, This Country is FULL of People now Days, and we just Don’t have the Game that we use to. I would feel different if i was on Private Land, Sittin over Food Plots, Etc. But I’m not, I don’t have that Luxury. I am hunting Public/State Land with a Million other People. I’m not gonna be Choosy, The 1st Good Size Bodied Deer i see, and it presents me with a Good Shot, I’m gonna Drop the Hammer, and Happily Put my 1 and only Tag on it

Hang in there Lewis!
We have a lot of Mark Twain National Forrest around me (central Missouri) and it seems to be getting hunted harder every year. With the price of meats it seems like more and more are looking for other sources of supper!

Big John

Congrats!!!! You’ll have some good eating while recovering from surgery. Was it shot out of the new stand?
Yup, shot out of the new blind. I've never used lighted knocks before and that was quite a treat. The trigger broke and I watched that bolt travel to, then disappear, then fly out the opposite side of that buck.
I will say I do like that Down & Out blind. I have a bunch of brown camo burlap and I cut some pieces to close up the windows more. All I want is just enough room for that bolt to fly out. Used some clothes pins to hold it in place. Works perfectly.

Congrats, that's the right kind of vegetarian to invite (for) dinner. :bravo: Best wishes on the surgery.

If the critter was legal and obtained ethically, you did your part to prevent overpopulation, (or something else.)
The other buck is motivation to heal quickly and get out there again. Congrats on the freezer meat.

Great double lung shot. My favorite place to put an arrow, they don't go far at all.
He will be excellent table fare.

Back