jard trigger or timney

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got a Winchester model 70 coyote ,would like to get a new trigger for it,kinda stuck between a Jard and a timney any ideas which one is better,any pro or cons on either of them.Was looking at about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds on the pull.

Some guys swear by the Trigger Tech Special, unsure if they make them for the 70. Most of the users had Rem 700s. Always liked the Model 70.

I would go with the Jard, From My past experience with them :lewis: I had a Jard in a Ruger 77 VMBBZ Model 17HMR, This was a Target Rifle so i went with Jard’s Lightest Weight Trigger, That thing was AMAZING! One of the Best triggers i have ever owned. I can only speak for that 1 Trigger Though.

I have had some REALLY Good Timney’s, and Some that were NO BETTER than the Stock Trigger I was Replacing (Rem 700, and Howa 1500) They were a Crap Shoot from my hands on Experience with them, i have owned at Least 20 of them over the Years, and that’s being Conservative. The good part is, Timney is an AWESOME Company, they Stand FIRMLY behind their Product, They will Replace, or Fix the Trigger. It seemed like Timney Quality went DOWN Hill after the BIG REM 700 Trigger PANIC, They were selling TONS of them. The Old Timney’s Before this were the VERY BEST Ones i owned, they were VERY GOOD, and the “GOLD Standard” in Replacement/After Market Triggers for the Rem 700

I have owned 1 Trigger Tech, it was called their “Special” I wasn’t impressed with it at all, I sold it in a Rifle within a Few weeks of owning it.

Bix’ N Andy Ball Bearing Triggers are what i have in my Rem 700s, They are UNDOUBTEDLY the Best triggers i have ever owned.

Latest posts

Back