JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Anyone deal with this outfit? I ordered two 5/16X24 Treso/Ampco nipples for this new Navy Arms Hawken Hunter Rifle from them, i placed this order on 2-26, it finally showed up today in a small flat rate box?

How can you screw up like this? It clearly states what i ordered, And NOTHING in the world to do with a Ramrod tip, and a Ramrod Jag Tip?? Mistakes can and will happen, but DARN I’ve been anxiously awaiting these so i can shoot this New Rifle, to say I’m disappointed would be an understatement. This will DEFINITELY be my last dealings with Jedediah Starr Trading Co., i called, but had to leave a Message, haven’t heard back yet
XJKi5B5.jpg

dbowling said:
Somebody obviously looked at someone elses order sheet and stuck it in your box.
Hard to get good help anymore.

Yea it’s a bummer! I was really looking forward to getting the Nipples for this new rifle. Gonna be interesting to see what they have to say? They should be paying the return shipping for these Jag tips

UPDATE: A guy by the name of John just called me and Apologized for the Mixup, He said he would send my 2 nipples out this Evening, And for me to just keep the 2 items shipped by mistake, that it wasn’t worth the return label cost. That was SUPER nice of the guy, I would definitely do business with these guy’s again, My above statement about NOT doing business with them again was out of Anger, i had just gotten the package in the mail and was excited to shoot the rifle. The important part is they are taking care of it, and Genuinely felt bad about the mistake. Had the guy been ‘Smart’ in ANYWAY, He and i would of had problems in a HURRY

Re: RE: Re: JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.

Idaholewis said:
UPDATE: A guy by the name of John just called me and Apologized for the Mixup, He said he would send my 2 nipples out this Evening, And for me to just keep the 2 items shipped by mistake, that it wasn’t worth the return label cost. That was SUPER nice of the guy, I would definitely do business with these guy’s again, My above statement about NOT doing business with them again was out of Anger, i had just gotten the package in the mail and was excited to shoot the rifle. The important part is they are taking care of it, and Genuinely felt bad about the mistake. Had the guy been ‘Smart’ in ANYWAY, He and i would of had problems in a HURRY
I just ordered some stuff from Track of the Wolf. They are located outside of Minneapolis, Mn. I was very impressed with their prices and service. It was Top Notch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.

ndswede said:
Idaholewis said:
I just ordered some stuff from Track of the Wolf. They are located outside of Minneapolis, Mn. I was very impressed with their prices and service. It was Top Notch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Track is a good outfit but they dont carry Treso/Ampco nipples and that’s all i use now days, they FAR and away outlast every other nipple i have tried

I bought a new Pedersoli from Jedediah Star a couple years ago
When I got it and looked at the barrel code I realized it was 17 years old . That’s a long time to keep inventory in my book . That’s the only time I dealt with them .

Idaholewis said:
UPDATE: A guy by the name of John just called me and Apologized for the Mixup, He said he would send my 2 nipples out this Evening

I called yesterday to make sure the 2 nipples were sent out? NOPE, guy claimed he just got to it yesterday, when he CLEARLY told me they would go out the evening of the 7th, I kept thinking they should have gotten here by now? SOOOO Back to my original statement, This will DEFINITELY be my last dealings with JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.

Ordered Lyman rifle yesterday. Have not gotten conformation yet.Usually a company will send one right away. Has this happened to any one else.

I called yesterday to make sure the 2 nipples were sent out? NOPE, guy claimed he just got to it yesterday, when he CLEARLY told me they would go out the evening of the 7th, I kept thinking they should have gotten here by now? SOOOO Back to my original statement, This will DEFINITELY be my last dealings with JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.
I don't know if you ever tried the possibles shop? I see they have a good selection of the nipples you use.

Ordered Lyman rifle yesterday. Have not gotten conformation yet.Usually a company will send one right away. Has this happened to any one else.
Just curious. Did you ever receive your rifle? I'm waiting for a return email right now about what they have in stock. It's been a few days.

I wanted to order the new Lyman GPR Signature rifle from them but wanted to know if it was in stock. I called them for two weeks and they never answered the phone or returned my massage.

I finally gave up and scratched them off my list of ever buying from them.

Anyone deal with this outfit? I ordered two 5/16X24 Treso/Ampco nipples for this new Navy Arms Hawken Hunter Rifle from them, i placed this order on 2-26, it finally showed up today in a small flat rate box?

How can you screw up like this? It clearly states what i ordered, And NOTHING in the world to do with a Ramrod tip, and a Ramrod Jag Tip?? Mistakes can and will happen, but DARN I’ve been anxiously awaiting these so i can shoot this New Rifle, to say I’m disappointed would be an understatement. This will DEFINITELY be my last dealings with Jedediah Starr Trading Co., i called, but had to leave a Message, haven’t heard back yet
XJKi5B5.jpg
I had the same experience a ways back same type of items as well !

That's a bummer. I have been buying from Jed. Starr since 2011. I have another order on the way... I've bought everything from full kits to nipples and ramrod parts, and never had an issue - always get what I ordered and when I expect it. In fact, for one kit, I wanted a barrel that they did not have, but they ordered it for me and inlet the stock as it was my first swamped barrel. I got an email yesterday saying my oder was being filled (it's wide variety) and another just now to let me know it has been shipped. Clearly, after 10 years of no issues, I'd be more understandable about a slip-up, but I can understand how it's frustrating if this is (one of) your first. Probably be good if others with positive weigh in too; a couple mistakes does not necessarily mean someone intends to be off....

I have read and heard many negatives about this company over the years. Even though I am from Michigan I have avoided them.

Guys, let's call a club a club. These are NOT normal times, and it's going to be awhile. Maybe a LONG while. Even the trusted companies are up to their butts in alligators. Some of the smaller ones are truly buried. 3 to 6 wk. delays in shipping in-stock items are the norm from all but some of the largest companies,and that doesn't take into account delays in delivery from ALL the usual suspects. If you find what you want in stock anywhere you are a very lucky person. If you receive it fairly quickly you are blessed. Let's be reasonable, patient, and watch our blood pressure.

Things like integrity are constants and don't change with the times.

Back