JEDEDIAH STARR TRADING CO.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes you think the PO is looking for people to hire? They won't even pay for overtime. Don't you know who to blame for that?
Not everybody is looking for a handout. Just the lazy ones.

Anyone deal with this outfit? I ordered two 5/16X24 Treso/Ampco nipples for this new Navy Arms Hawken Hunter Rifle from them, i placed this order on 2-26, it finally showed up today in a small flat rate box?

How can you screw up like this? It clearly states what i ordered, And NOTHING in the world to do with a Ramrod tip, and a Ramrod Jag Tip?? Mistakes can and will happen, but DARN I’ve been anxiously awaiting these so i can shoot this New Rifle, to say I’m disappointed would be an understatement. This will DEFINITELY be my last dealings with Jedediah Starr Trading Co., i called, but had to leave a Message, haven’t heard back yet
XJKi5B5.jpg

Last edited:
I have dealt with them several times over the last couple of years. My shipments where correct and timely. However over the last 14 months or so I have heard horror stories of bad experiences with all kinds of companies that were known to be good in normal times. Hopefully all this is due to the pandemic and all will get back to normal soon.

Guys, let's call a club a club. These are NOT normal times, and it's going to be awhile. Maybe a LONG while. Even the trusted companies are up to their butts in alligators. Some of the smaller ones are truly buried. 3 to 6 wk. delays in shipping in-stock items are the norm from all but some of the largest companies,and that doesn't take into account delays in delivery from ALL the usual suspects. If you find what you want in stock anywhere you are a very lucky person. If you receive it fairly quickly you are blessed. Let's be reasonable, patient, and watch our blood pressure.
Very, true. But if you look his original complaint about this company was back in 2018

... I got an email yesterday saying my oder was being filled (it's wide variety) and another just now to let me know it has been shipped. Clearly, after 10 years of no issues, I'd be more understandable about a slip-up, but I can understand how it's frustrating if this is (one of) your first....
Update: I ordered 11 pieces for ramrod rebuilds. Everything was exactly what I ordered and here when I expected it. There's no intention to minimize the struggles of others; just relating an experience of continued success with J.S.T.C. I'll continue to order from them.

Back