Just about there

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and my Renegade are getting along better and better. Been fiddle faddling around with swab particulars and its making quite a difference in group size and consistency. Once down and back with a bore butter patch and reload.
She continues to do well with the .010 patch, still scratching my head over that...
Every now and then she'll nick a patch, but it's less and less frequent.
I increased my prime a wee bit and now she lights like my inline.
Groups are getting right around 2 inches or less, sometimes MUCH less, for 3 at 50 yards.
Mastering the flintlock has been a slow ( and expensive) process for me. I don't know why this Renegade is the jinx breaker, but I'm grateful for it.
140 rounds and a " lap" of sorts and the bore is evening out pretty well. Ramming is much smoother. Still planning on a .54 rebore/ rifle next year.
In the mean time, smoke will be made. Lead will be in the air, and LORD willing, a fine deer on the leaves.
Life is good...

Ive owned 1 flinter in my life that was given to me, it was a mid 1960`s Hawken in .50, I could shoot it pretty accurately off a bench w/rest but freehand I was lucky to hit a 5 gal bucket.. when pan went off made me flinch every time even after 100`s of shots.. I sold it to my ex land lords buddy and he shot it a few times took it out and killed a huge 11 pointer with it 1st time out, go figure.

I know your trials rifleman, I won a lot of groceries with a cva Pa rifle till I had a misfire and learned how to flinch.It was all over then. Years later I got a left handed Lyman deer stalker and that worked well cause with your left eye closed your not distracted by the flash. Try it :elmer:

Latest posts

Back