Just another one of them boys from Illinois

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpringThunder

Reaction score
Hey yall! Been lurking for awhile seeing as I don't have anyone local to really show me the what to and what not to when it comes to muzzleloading.
Shooting a Traditions Ambush Pursuit II and after having it all these years I finally really have put in time trying to figure it out. Couldn't get it to group better than 8 inches when I was a boy so it just sat in the case. lack of firearms deer hunting land permission helped me not care about most my rifles. Bow hunting took over but now I got some pals who want to learn to hunt so we are starting a deer camp. trudging around that public land just like turkey season. I just recently got that traditions shooting 3/4 at 100. Bout time, right?

Got a handful of cap and ball revolvers and a 50 Kentucky pistol.
Itching to get me a kit of a 32 for clapping squirrels. not sure if flint or cap quite yet.

I'm a diehard turkey nut and man I'm glad this muzzleloading bug has bit because it makes the time from spring turkey seasons end to the next years start go by just a little faster. I am a traveling turkey man. Maybe we'll cross paths if you out there running state to state in the spring.

Welcome from Maine. It sounds like you are having lots of fun getting your old muzzleloader shooting amongst other things.

Welcome to the Forum! 🤠

I originally came for info on the CVA Optima V2 pistol. Got lots of good info, liked the Forum, and stuck around!

Lots of knowledgeable, helpful folks here. 👍

Also one on the most “polite” Forums on the ‘net!

Back