Just bought my first Muzzleloder... Need some insight.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looperdude

Reaction score
Hello All! My Knight Disc Extreme arrived today! Boy was I a happy camper. Anyways, I bought a bare primer breech plug for the rifle so i can shoot BH209; I plan to make an adapter for the bolt rather than buy one. Im questioning the firing pin on this rifle though, it looks way too large for a 209 shotshell primer! Did knight have different firing pins for each different ignition source, or am i good to go with this pin? Thanks so much!
-Mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 49
A disc extrme firing pin is made for a 209 primer. Youre ok. If you make your own adapter i would love to see some pics of the process and whatever you end up with. That said the lehigh adapter is pretty inexpensive.

Lehigh adapter is $14.50 and made from 17-4 SS. Just like his breech plugs. Im not 100% sure if it will work with a Knight OEM bare primer plug but it works great with the $16.50 Lehigh plug.
https://sskfirearms.lehighdefense.com/all-products?product_id=258&sort=p.model&order=DESC
Muzzleloading rifle season opens here in central NC on OCT 31, I dont want to take a chance and order the adapter and it not get here in time for me to shoot the rifle and make sure everything is good to go; also, id rather just make my own, simply because I can haha.

Congrats on the new gun. That's a sweet combo.

Get good at cleaning it and it will last a lifetime. If you don't have time to clean, you don't have time to shoot.

Most importantly, kearn to use a witness mark.

Congrats on the new gun. That's a sweet combo.

Get good at cleaning it and it will last a lifetime. If you don't have time to clean, you don't have time to shoot.

Most importantly, kearn to use a witness mark.
I dont think i comprehend? What witness mark are you referring to?

You must pay close attention to the first load of the day ( Powder and projectile ). Then, mark your ram rod at the crown of the barrel.

Each subsequent load you check the mark to make sure you have the same depth. It’s like having a witness along.

A double load Is potentially deadly and will turn that pretty gun into a pipe bomb.

No goofing around at the range. All focus.

You must pay close attention to the first load of the day ( Powder and projectile ). Then, mark your ram rod at the crown of the barrel.

Each subsequent load you check the mark to make sure you have the same depth. It’s like having a witness along.

A double load Is potentially deadly and will turn that pretty gun into a pipe bomb.

No goofing around at the range. All focus.
Ahh yes of course. Not my first rodeo, just the first rifle i can call my own. Loading, cleaning, done it 100 times. Just new to this knight. Thanks.

Reminded me of this Disc Elite I built for my wife. Love the wood stock and blue barrel old school look.
Welcome!

Attachments

• 20181006_130612~2-1.jpg
    20181006_130612~2-1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 24
Hello All! My Knight Disc Extreme arrived today! Boy was I a happy camper. Anyways, I bought a bare primer breech plug for the rifle so i can shoot BH209; I plan to make an adapter for the bolt rather than buy one. Im questioning the firing pin on this rifle though, it looks way too large for a 209 shotshell primer! Did knight have different firing pins for each different ignition source, or am i good to go with this pin? Thanks so much!
-Mark
That is a beauty! You're going to love it!

Latest posts

Back