Just Finished Up a .45 Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I heard that T/C was seizing all production, I knew I had to put together another Smokeless Encore. I found a .308 Prohunter at a local shop for the donor action. I of course turned to Luke @ Arrowhead for almost everything I needed. Brux/MGM .45 Cal. 26" 1-20" twist barrel w/ Luke's Gen II Breech plug, Added some Spiral Fluting and his Tac Brake. I did a trigger job with all the parts from Bellm's T/C's. The Muzzy Forearm was no problem finding but after a month of searching I finally found a Thumbhole Buttstock as I did not want to use the regular Prohunter Buttstock. I sent the stock set off to Evans Engraving in Virginia to have it hydrodipped in the Kuiu Verde 2.0 Camo. Bought the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42 and Vortex Rings to mount it all up. The set-up as shown weighs in @ 9.59 lbs... Now I just have to get a little time and sling some of Luke's 275 grain NSR bullets with some H4198 down range and see what she'll do.................

That camo dip looks good on there!

Thank you all for the compliments.. The gun feels real nice to handle and balances real nice. Heading to Kansas Whitetail hunting here shortly so I won't be able to shoot it until I get back.

LOL....if I built a gun like that and was headed to Kansas for a whitetail hunt, it would pain me royally if the gun wasn't front and center for the hunt. Man that's a sweet looking gun, love the camo.

Good luck on your hunt.

I’d guess he’s doing an archery hunt, muzzleloader season has past, and firearms season is in December.

LOL....if I built a gun like that and was headed to Kansas for a whitetail hunt, it would pain me royally if the gun wasn't front and center for the hunt. Man that's a sweet looking gun, love the camo.

Good luck on your hunt.
I’d guess he’s doing an archery hunt, muzzleloader season has past, and firearms season is in December.

Yes, we are doing 2 weeks for Archery. If everything works out right, we'll go back next year with the Muzzleloaders. Trust me, I too wish it was in front of me! Thanks guys.... Rich

I really like the looks of your Encore!
I have a walnut thumbhole stock for my first generation Contender, it is difficult to stay in a shooting position and cock the hammer at the same time.

I really like the looks of your Encore!
I have a walnut thumbhole stock for my first generation Contender, it is difficult to stay in a shooting position and cock the hammer at the same time.
Thank you!..... I have had wood thumbhole stock in the past. My hands are pretty big and I too found it a little difficult cocking the hammer as you mention. With the synthetic thumbhole the grip area seems a little smaller to me and not so chunky and I can easily cock the hammer.

Thank you!..... I have had wood thumbhole stock in the past. My hands are pretty big and I too found it a little difficult cocking the hammer as you mention. With the synthetic thumbhole the grip area seems a little smaller to me and not so chunky and I can easily cock the hammer.
Yeah the cheek rest on the thumbhole is a big enough PLUS, that the problem with is cocking is only a small inconvenience.

Awesome looking rifle. I am a big Encore fan, myself.

Where did you get that deer grip cap from? I really like that

Back