Just joined from NC

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I am a paraplegic but still love my muzzle loaders. I own a TC 50 cal "Impact", a Knight TK 2000 12 gauge inline shotgun, and a A.S.M 44 cal revolver with a 12 inch barrel. My dad owns a TC 45 cal "Hawkens" that I have just fell in love with and love to shoot. I have several questions about different topics with my guns, sights, loads, and admit I have a lot to learn. I experiment a lot, learn a lot through doing so, but still run into road blocks and figured I be better off to join this group. I have a good enough pattern for my inline for the upcoming season that starts Sunday, and we just got a good enough pattern for my dads Hawkens. I have an awesome pattern with my shotgun shooting bird shot, but would like a better pattern for buckshot. I have an excellent group with my pistol and look forward to future matches that I have not attended yet. Luckily, I found a club 40 -45 miles from my house that shoot muzzle-loading matches on the 2nd of every month. I just found out about it and I am very excited and "nervous" about my first visit. I do not want to go and get embarrassed, but I am looking forward to meeting new friends with a common hobby. I also look forward to reading articles here on this forum, asking questions, and reading all of your responses. I love to small game hunt and deer hunt form my atv, and from my wheelchair in my hunting blind. I took this pheasant with my 22 cal pellet gun last February, because I was waiting on a new nipple for my shotgun. But, wow, how lucky can a man get,lol.

Attachments

• 20190125_171452.jpg
    20190125_171452.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
Welcome James. I get to feeling sorry for myself because I am old and can’t walk far. Thank you for the inspiration to keep on going.

I'm glad you are able to pursue the sport and that you don't let your physical condition stop you but, you might want to wait until Monday to begin the hunting season...Sept 30 in Western and Eastern NC

I'm glad you are able to pursue the sport and that you don't let your physical condition stop you but, you might want to wait until Monday to begin the hunting season...Sept 30 in Western and Eastern NC
I am glad you reminded me Jimmer. And glad to see another Carolinian on this sight. Will you be going to the state competition nest September?

Back