just joined

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubby ninja

Reaction score
Hello to all on this forum. Please let me introduce myself. My name is John,I am a retired building tradesman.Quite a few years ago now an old boss of mine looked at me climbing thru the steel,and told me I looked like a ninja . I guessI thought that was kind of cool and it stuck with me.Since retiring in 2015 I've put on a few lbs.Chubby.I am a longtime hunter with bow and muzzleloader.My equipment is as follows;
CVA hunterbolt 54 cal
TC New Englander 54,with a 12 gauge barrel
Traditions tracker 50 ,deerhunter 5o combo kit with a 32 cal. barrel
over the past few years I've found myself getting away from archery and bowhunting, and getting more interested in blackpowder hunting.I love the smell of sulphur in the morning,though it's getting harder to find real blackpowder.Now that I have the time to hunt ,I find the desire waning.My hunting partner is my son in law.I am trying to keep the desire up for hunting and an outdoor lifestyle to pass it down to my 3 grandsons.thanks for letting me be a part of the group.
Sincerely, John Good

Hi John! I enjoyed your introductory post. Wish I had bought the New Englander when they came out. Do you use it with the shotgun barrel much? I have an assortment of in-lines but still love shooting the traditional smoke poles and the smell of BP. Best Wishes!

hi rainorshine, I'm also from the great state of Mi. I reside and hunt in the thumb of the mitten.Funny story; I was hunting a wooded parcel of private land. The owner warned me about the neighboring farmer. 1st week of Dec,gun season was closed,bp wasn't open yet. I decided to combine a late season squirrel hunt & bp scouting. I took my new englander with the 12 ga. barrel. sneaking thru the woods when I realized I was being watched.Neighboring farmer had called the DNR on me!As soon as I saw him I knew who called and why.C.O. checked license and weapon ,everything was good.After all I'm a law abiding citizen,reflecting later on, I was glad I had the shotgun barrel ( the 2 dead tree rats in my game pouch)convinced him I wasn't hunting deer). To answer your question I hope to do some small game hunting before gun season.I am like alot of hunters struggling to find a good place to hunt. A Sept. squirrel hunt can be a good time to scout for deer.I'm also gonna take my Traditions32 cal. I use the 12 ga. when I wanna make a squirre stew,the 32 when I want a challenge. I'm waiting patiently for fall, John

Welcome, I've only been a member since August 2019 myself. I found a home here amongst some great guys.
I hear ya on the " if I'd have known I was gonna live this long " comment. I'm 57 but I'm more like 87-97most days. I've heard ppl say to " treat your body life a temple". I treated mine like a stolen thrift store tent. Granddaddy always said " if you're gonna be a dumbass, then ya better be tough enough to handle the consequences for it BC nobody likes a dumbass crybaby ". He was so right. Kind regards
welcome ! I with you on the taking better care of ourselves

Howdy Rick B and ninering62 Thanks for the replies. In looking back at my post I realized I wrote I had 3 grandsons,I actually have 4 (#senior moment).wishing everyone here a healthy and prosperous New Year

Welcome, Ninja! Hope you enjoy this repository of wisdom and experience as much as I have - although I'm pleased lately to have learned a lot about hot peppers and coffee here too, besides the muzzleloading stuff.

Latest posts

Back