Just Old Memory

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey 45-70, need more info, enlighten us.

That is picture of group , shooting long range Agg at NMLRA nationals. I'm in center front row Kneeling. All but two people were shooting Ped. Gibbs. It was one of my best scores for 1000 yds. and was NMLRA record for quite a while. Record is in 90's now I believe. Fellow to my right was second and he is a Dentist from Germany. My load was 530 grain PP bullet from Higginbottom mold, over 78 grns. of 3f Swiss, using a Baldwin front sight and a Newman rear. The target in rear is typical 1000 yd. bull. 48 x 72 inches . Hit outside score rings is still scored with a 6

Hey Indiana, you need to come to Friendship , I'm in Ripley County , Versailles , 10 mile from NMLRA range

That was quite an accomplishment. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for sharing 45-70, GREAT STUFF!! I wish i lived anywhere near a place like that to Shoot, i have a Rifle all setup to shoot that kind of Long Range, But it is REALLY tough to find anywhere much over 500 yards in the Brushy Country. A guy needs to know a Farmer around here, and even at that there are very few places in my mind where a Guy could get 1,000 Yards here.

Back