Just seen a Fresh Batch of Bullet Lube

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lew, remember the time I saw a fresh skunk road kill and I wanted to stop and get it and the wife told me “Don’t even think about IT!” Tried to explain oh it makes a great bullet lube and could save me a few bucks. She said I’ll give you the few bucks and just keep on driving 😩. Some women just don’t understand these things?😁

I remember back shortly after I graduated high school driving down a nice quiet country lane in my new-to-me Corvair Monza following another car. The car ahead of me tapped his brakes then kept right no rolling. A mink came into view as his car drove away. I stopped and checked the critter over and since it was late fall and the mink seemed to have some winter coat I laid it on a rear seat rubber floor mat. About an hour later I got back home and went to grab said mink and it wasn't on the mat anywhere. The ensuing search taught me that mink, like a skunk, can spray the foulest of stinks one can imagine. I had to strip in back of the garage and just tossed the clothes in a plastic garbage bag after emptying the pockets. The car....well it sat with the doors open and the battery disconnected for about two weeks in an empty lot next door. I learned not to bother with anything from the weasel family.

These stories reminded me of the old days when my hunting partner and I would bow hunt the mornings and roam the back roads in the afternoon near the local game club property in hopes of catching a Pheasant crossing the road. My buddy was an expert at steering his truck to hit the birds with the bumper or front transfer case on his 4X4 pickup.
One day, he whacked a nice cock pheasant. I jumped out to collect our prize. I threw the bird down on the floor boards and we sped off. Well, the bird wasn't quite as dead as I thought and it started flying around in the cab of the truck.
I grabbed the bird and tried to wring it's neck but used a bit too much force and ripped the bird's head right off. Man, the blood was spraying all over that cab including the windshield to a point where my buddy couldn't see the road anymore. He was so pissed at me!! I spent a few hours cleaning up his truck for him. But we did share a nice pheasant dinner.

Trash panda deterrent

1 slice of cold leftover pizza
1 tsp or more of any super hot pepper powder.

Lift up the melted cheese from the sauce. Sprinkle liberally with super hot pepper powder. Replace cheese. You got to use really hot powder for city trash pandas. Rural ones you might be able to get away with a hot cayenne if you use more. Leave this outside your trash can.

Another good one is a can of cheap sardines. Poor a circle of really hot pepper powder around the open can . When they sniff their way to the juicy treat they get a snort full of the powder. It will also get on their paws.

Back